Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions today

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
El-Abd on for Frutos?!????

If Gary Hart is a left winger then i'm a chinaman.

Gatting on for CKR is probably about justified, but he still threatened more than anyone else.

And Carole on with the last kick of the game? Woeful.

Anyone care to explain the logic? Hinshelwood and Hart on the wings, ooh what a threatening combination:glare:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
If Gary Hart is a left winger then i'm a chinaman.
And if El-Abd's a right winger then McGhee is a manager.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
John Byrne : "I have known El Abd since he was a lad and he aint no right midfielder"

Last edited:

It's been discussed in the other threads.

But this is NSC why not repeat ourselves over and over again.

I thought Frutos was getting less and less effective in the appalling conditions and El Abd was brought on to stiffen up the flanks and prevent obvious errors on that type of gluepot pitch.

Carole was just a last-second gamble. Nothing to get worked up about unless you are looking for an excuse to have a go at McGhee.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

MM has 2 bags of balls with squad numbers on them - One for who is coming off and one for whos going on - i can't see any other way he could be making these substitutions.

He has lost the plot.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stiffen up the flanks? What f***ing bullshit.

El-Abd is a good player, but he's a central defender. His distribution is what prevents him being a good right back, so how exactly is putting him on the right of midfield going to stiffen up anything other than London Irish's 1 inch penis at the sight of McGhee making another f***ing retarded substitution.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:

I thought Frutos was getting less and less effective in the appalling conditions and El Abd was brought on to stiffen up the flanks and prevent obvious errors on that type of gluepot pitch.

Carole was just a last-second gamble. Nothing to get worked up about unless you are looking for an excuse to have a go at McGhee.

It may have been discussed on other threads, but i haven't read them (having only logged on a shortwhile ago), and they certainly aren't threads specifically about the substitutions.

Frutos may have been less effective, but i can recall Hart scoring one goal with his left foot in his career, but other than that I don't think he's ever used it! Yes, Carole is less effective on the left, but surely he'd be a better option ( a winger) instead of full backs.

The Carole substitution i can handle (But it did seem a waste of very prescious time).:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
McGhee is ruining El Abd.
He is a capable rightback, and filled in well at centreback earlier in the season when we lost McShane for a while. But he's NOT a right midfielder, and he's NOT a frigging leftback either.

Sake.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
It's been discussed in the other threads.

But this is NSC why not repeat ourselves over and over again.

Can Magoo do ANYTHING wrong in your eyes? :dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fragmented Badger said:
I think it's the other way round actually. He is a capable centre-back, and filled in well at right-back. His distribution is not good enough to be a full back. Hinsh and El Abd in the middle next season please!
His distribution ain't great I'd agree, but I still think he's a good solid fullback. He used to be a bit prone to diving into the tackle, but he seems to have learned to stay on his feet more...but throwing the fella all round the pitch now is going to have him going backwards.

I'd rather see a Hinsh/McShane centreback partnership next season, with Bomber at RB.

Last edited:

Silent Bob said:
Stiffen up the flanks? What f***ing bullshit.

El-Abd is a good player, but he's a central defender. His distribution is what prevents him being a good right back, so how exactly is putting him on the right of midfield going to stiffen up anything other than London Irish's 1 inch penis at the sight of McGhee making another f***ing retarded substitution.

Take it out on me if it makes you feel better, but you are indulging in another pointless bit of scapegoating. El Abd was not the reason why we didn't win today. Pretending that a tactical decision by McGhee to tighten up our shape was where it all went wrong is rubbish. I think I can recall him making one poor pass, which wasn't bad given the conditions.

gerbil said:
Can Magoo do ANYTHING wrong in your eyes? :dunce:

Yep, I wouldn't have started today with Frutos. My instincts would have been to start with either Carole or Reid, but I just have to accept that I don't how those guys are measuring up in training at the moment so I'm humble in my criticisms and don't pretend I DEFINITELY know better than the manager.

I realise that others are not so weighed down by this basic humility and think they know it all, even down to fine details of making the right substition at the right point of the game. Wow guys, you're great :wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:

I realise that others are not so weighed down by this basic humility and think they know it all, even down to fine details of making the right substition at the right point of the game. Wow guys, you're great :wave:

This is a message board. The subsitutions made today were MY OPINION the wrong ones. That doesn't mean I think I know it all, I am mearly expressing that I'm not in agreement with them, similarly to you saying that you felt the substitutions made sense.

Without a difference in OPINION, message boards like this would be relatively pointless, don't you think?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fragmented Badger said:
But you are making a rather large assumption there by using the word "McShane." You really think he will sign for us, even in League 1? I don't think we stand a hope in hell, hence my suggestion of Hinsh and El Abd in the centre next season.
I live in hope.
But I'd have no probs with El Abd at centreback either, he's proved he's up to the task. I just wish McGhee would stop dicking him about.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Withdean Wanderer said:
This is a message board. The subsitutions made today were MY OPINION the wrong ones. That doesn't mean I think I know it all, I am mearly expressing that I'm not in agreement with them, similarly to you saying that you felt the substitutions made sense.

Without a difference in OPINION, message boards like this would be relatively pointless, don't you think?

You should know by now that nobody is allowed an opinion in LIs eyes uless it matches his.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here