Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subbuteo crowd control

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Funny this should come up today as I picked up a Subbuteo set in a charity shop today quite cheap, which looked complete, but when I got it home, I noticed one of the corner flags was missing it's base and one of the linesman's flags was missing :(

Still it presents a nice challenge to find these bits :D

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I had a single, but pointlessless big, stand (which I always positioned on the halfway line) and loads of fences... in hindstight it was a pretty shit ground.

I could never afford things like the stands; so I used to make my own out of the copious supply of Lego we had in the house; and then populate them with my Airfix soldiers in order to get a decent attendance!

I never got as far as having to segregate the British and the Germans though!

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I've just been up to get the Subbuteo out of the loft. I had all the accessories required for that big match atmosphere, the crowd and the dugout and the floodlights too. Trouble is, I'd always get palmed off with a headless centre forward and a goalkeeper with no arms.

My mate managed to get hold of a Dukla Prague away kit 'cause his uncle owned a sports shop and he'd kept it to one side. After only five minutes I'd be down to ten men 'cause he'd sent off my right back for taking the base from under his left winger.

Come to half time I'd be losing four-nil, each and every goal a hotly disputed penalty. So I'd smash up the floodlights and the match was abandoned and the dog would bark and I'd be banned from his house. And my travelling army of synthetic supporters would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin.

Somewhere or other in the Bracknell collection of mislaid junk, there's most of a Subbuteo set from the 1950s, with celluloid flat players in the only two team colours that were available at the time - red shirts/white shorts and blue shirts/white shorts. The balls were enormous brown things about three-quarters the height of the players. The cloth to play the game was brilliant, though - a much better surface than later editions of the game.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
If that is complete and in a good box LB you could be looking at about £150 for that depending on if a couple of Italians are after it then it could be worth more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here