Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
you can just see it can't you, companies like Talk Sport will be queuing up for an interview with Gus.

Hopefully TB will have told him to keep his mouth shut over this. Or maybe after the grief last time Gus will have learnt a lesson (probably not). All i hope is Gus stays well away from this as humanly possible.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lets see the hypocrisy on this thread develop. We have one thread saying "its not fair coz Southampton fans were doing the same", I wonder what gestures the Fulham fans were making.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He was merely indicating the scoreline in response to 'Luis Suarez, what's the score?' from the Fulham fans.

theacademic

Jun 14, 2010
He's in trouble if the Rooney case last season is anything to go by. And he's their main player as well.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wish people would cut these overseas players some slack. I've no doubt that this is just another case of a cultural misunderstanding - & a raised middle finger will be a gesture of friendship in his native Uruguay. :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure Kenny Dalglish will leap to the defence of poor, misunderstood Luis soon.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Bit sad if a simple gesture like sticking a finger or two up at someone is taken so seriously. I thought this had been an English tradition since Agincourt with the archers showing their two bow-string fingers at the French.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Meanwhile, Dalglish said it was "scandalous" that some Fulham fans had chanted "cheat" at Suarez during the match in London. .... "It is about time he got a wee bit of protection."
What "wee bit of protection" is Dalglish thinking off when fans chant cheat at Suarez? Earplugs? When have opposing fans ever reacted well to players that they believe have dived? (apart from when the cheat get's carded of course)

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bit sad if a simple gesture like sticking a finger or two up at someone is taken so seriously. I thought this had been an English tradition since Agincourt with the archers showing their two bow-string fingers at the French.

Exactly.

A Uruguayan gets dissed for hurting British cultural sensitivities around race when he addressed Evra as 'negrito.'

The moment he tries to practise some traditional English gestures, with their rich cultural and historical heritage, he gets hammered for it again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just don't know who this has offended? Are we honestly saying it's the 1000's of fans who were dishing out abuse to Suarez all night, that have suddenly become all precious and need protecting from the nasty man making the finger gesture?

I'm not picking on Fulham fans here, as I've seen it plenty of times with us as well, that someone will get dogs abuse for an hour or more, but if they ever dare to turn round and tell us to f*** off, the same people react like they've never heard such language.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here