Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid things you used to believe...

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
I used to think that the fish you get in packets (covered in a vile sauce) was called sarcastic.

Oh the stupidity of youth.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I used to think that if you touched any part of an electricity pylon you would be electrocuted.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
eastlondonseagull said:
My nephew hates bathtime. Thinks he'll be sucked down the plug hole when he pulls the plug out.

Well obviously you don't stay in the bath when you unplug it. Good god, I shudder at the thought.

Which brings me onto my stupid young self...

When holidaying in the South of France there was a hydro-electric plant in the sea not far from the beach near our holiday home which my parents warned me not to venture close to because of the "dangerous currents".

I couldn't eat scones for years...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When driving any long distances, I used to be AMAZED at how my dad would find his way to where we had to go. I had no idea that roadsigns guided you, and made no connection with the road numbers and directions / exits on motorways. I just assumed that you'd only ever know how to get somewhere if you'd been there once before and went from memory.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I used to believe Easy 10. I don't know him though so I couldn't tell you if he's stupid or not.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I used to believe D:Ream when they said things can only get better

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I used to believe that the year 2000 was rather mysterious, and probably unlikely ever to happen, and was so far in the future I didn't have to worry about it anyway.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Titanic said:
I used to believe that the year 2000 was rather mysterious, and probably unlikely ever to happen, and was so far in the future I didn't have to worry about it anyway.

Yea, i used to beleive that. I also used to beleive the world would end in 1998 as well.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
For ages on the side of the A23 in Preston Park there was a big sign: "DUTCH ELM DISEASE CONTROL AREA".

Until I was about 14 I used to go past it and worry that I might catch Dutch Elm disease.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to think the moon followed you..

You know...your in the car trying to sleep at night on the back seat, when you were laying down with your mum or dad driving along, you would look out of the window and watch the moon, but it always appeared to be travelling at the same speed as you were.

Also I used to think that there was a pop band made up of gollywogs, as I had badges with them on it. ( Robertson's jam?)

Last edited:

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
I used to believe sprockett, the dog in fraggle rock, was real! I also believed that if you carried on sharpening a pencil the lead would just keep getting longer and longer!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rangdo said:
I used to believe Easy 10. I don't know him though so I couldn't tell you if he's stupid or not.
To be fair, I am an utter cock.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I used to believe politicians were public-spirited, self-sacrificing, honest, and principled individuals to be admired for their tireless service for the beenefit and well-being of the communities and country we live in.

D'oh :nono:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I used to think the song "Grandad" by Clive Dunn was about my Grandad and no one elses!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here