Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Stupid Question?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We're not Sweden yet. Fortunately.

I'm all for embracing new tech but this shit is a bit scary......

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/21/business/sweden-cashless-society.html

I don't necessarily want every transaction I make to be recorded. How are you supposed to hide the coke and hookers from the Mrs FFS?!

Joking aside, what do drug dealers, dodgy used car salesmen, plasterers and other such businessmen now do in Sweden? I guess Bitcoin or some other secure crypto thing? Not for me Clive.

I like cash. :(

As one of very few Swedes who are very anti-establishment ("oh the state, the banks and the big business just want us be happy and rich!!") despite 200 years of peace I agree, it is scary.

One of the aspects of cashless society no-one is speaking about is that if you cant withdraw your cash, the banks (who are collaborating WAY too much) are free to put negative interest on your savings account. In the cashless society the bank is God which is a position they wouldnt mind.

Most Swedes now have a smartphone app called Swish that makes it really, really easy to make payments with your phone. You just write a phone number and an amount and press confirm and the money will immediatly transfer to a bank account connected to the number. Without any question its going to be a global thing soon.

Since the banks and the politicans they own are very keen on making people use this app, it is completely unregulated. Most people in the black markets take payments in Swish since no one has ever heard of anyone getting caught from using this service. Of course this will change at some point.

Its all very cleverly done as well. Ten years ago we had a lot of robberies against cash transports and the banks went yelling and screaming "oh its not safe, we have to do 800 expensive things to make it safe!". Now it is very expensive for businesses to handle cash. And the nature of these robberies created a lot of question marks even among the generally very naive Swedes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here