Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid Claridge

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Well er, I er, think that he's, er, um, think er, that he's an absolute twonk. Quite a poor delivery without a teleprompt to read from.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And to think of all those wrong things we said about a lot of Saints fans...

Brighton wont make the automatic promotion places...there squad isnt strong enough. A couple of injuries and they will slide fast. Southampton will win the league by miles and 2nd will be between Peterborough and Bournemouth.
GARENTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED......SAINTS WILL WIN...BEST TEAM BY MILES!!!!!!

whos lua lua?? he must be in his fifties now...he wont make a difference. Murray and Barnes are due to get injured. Even than Fran Sandaza will leave u. Brightons got 17 VERY TOUGH games, they wont get more than 20 points, 79 at end of season....not enuff 4 automatic promotion.

(42) u would luv 2 hav money on that but u dont coz u dnt knw ur footy.
(41) Jus cos u got a gd setup(nt sayin u do) doesnt mean ur not gna get any injuries. Plus 10 points is nuffin, u seen ur nxt 5 games, ur gna get 4 or 5 points from them, n thats gna bunch the teams bak up agen. Colchester, bournemouth n charlton r nuffin compared 2 southampton. We got at least half a dozen premier league players, were jus messin bout wiv da teams at the moment, jus finding out da perfect tactics. Once we get going there will be no stopping us.

i like ur insult...NOT!!!! Mate go check the match facts out...we MULLERED u!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Brighton on the other hand, and completely the opposite of Steve's summing up on them, play football, not only on a skill level way above this league, but they are able to play and adapt their formation and style during a match, according to that played by the opposition. This is something that has never been witnessed in the lower league levels before, and they will be able to adapt the style in the Championship to gain further success. You have to credit the way that the club is run now.

We do this. One of the players talked about it. I would love to sit next to Gus during a game so he can explain exactly what is going on. This is a special team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Plus have you lot actually Listened to what he said? He explains why he thinks our style of play will need to change next season oh I can't be arsed getting involved in this - Jesus, some our fans can be arrogant cocks sometimes...

I really don't understand how we're being arrogant. He made an ignorant point and this was based on one performance against a premier league side. He shouldn't comment if he doesn't have a clue what he's on about. As for explaining league matters succinctly, he says what about 95% of fans already know.

Last edited:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Claridge is 100% about us against Stoke, we won't dominate big strong teams higher up the pyramid, unless we sign better players when/if we go up who can match the kick and rush brigade for physicality. But he's wrong saying total football won't work in the Championship - it will work anywhere if your team is good and strong enough to play it. We looked like kids beside Pulis's team.

Sign better players but keep the tip-tapping and we'll be sound

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is Claridge saying we should stop playing football and start hoofing it because that's what will work best in the Championship if/when we get promoted?

The first job is to try and win League 1 in style, so we're on course for that. Then, if Gus feels we need more steel I'm sure he'll sign those players.

Either way, Claridge is a cock. He used to be on the Sky Footie Phone In and half the time he misunderstood the points the callers were making.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
According to the Argus Gus has 'hit back' at claims by Steve Claridge!!

Gus Poyet has hit back at claims by Steve Claridge that Albion’s passing style will not work in the Championship.

The Seagulls chief reckons Claridge is talking rubbish and should look at the success second-placed Swansea are having by playing the Poyet way.

Claridge made his controversial remarks while analysing the League One title contenders as part of a weekly feature on the BBC Sport website.

Read what Poyet had to say about Claridge's remarks in The Argus today

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
According to the Argus Gus has 'hit back' at claims by Steve Claridge!!

Gus Poyet has hit back at claims by Steve Claridge that Albion’s passing style will not work in the Championship.

The Seagulls chief reckons Claridge is talking rubbish and should look at the success second-placed Swansea are having by playing the Poyet way.

Claridge made his controversial remarks while analysing the League One title contenders as part of a weekly feature on the BBC Sport website.

Read what Poyet had to say about Claridge's remarks in The Argus today

Gus Poyet, my lord :bowdown:

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
And to think of all those wrong things we said about a lot of Saints fans...

Brighton wont make the automatic promotion places...there squad isnt strong enough. A couple of injuries and they will slide fast. Southampton will win the league by miles and 2nd will be between Peterborough and Bournemouth.
GARENTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED......SAINTS WILL WIN...BEST TEAM BY MILES!!!!!!

whos lua lua?? he must be in his fifties now...he wont make a difference. Murray and Barnes are due to get injured. Even than Fran Sandaza will leave u. Brightons got 17 VERY TOUGH games, they wont get more than 20 points, 79 at end of season....not enuff 4 automatic promotion.

(42) u would luv 2 hav money on that but u dont coz u dnt knw ur footy.
(41) Jus cos u got a gd setup(nt sayin u do) doesnt mean ur not gna get any injuries. Plus 10 points is nuffin, u seen ur nxt 5 games, ur gna get 4 or 5 points from them, n thats gna bunch the teams bak up agen. Colchester, bournemouth n charlton r nuffin compared 2 southampton. We got at least half a dozen premier league players, were jus messin bout wiv da teams at the moment, jus finding out da perfect tactics. Once we get going there will be no stopping us.

i like ur insult...NOT!!!! Mate go check the match facts out...we MULLERED u!!

Is that Amrit?
What a idiot - made me laugh though.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
He is now creaming himself over Swansea's dismantling of Leeds. This passing game never works at a higher level does it... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here