Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid Claridge

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Was he the player mentioned in the programme last night who DK had to cut short his manager interview with, because the player hadn't informed his employer?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he is a real dick

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
:lol: was thinking exactly the same thing when i was watching it

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He was a dickhead when he "played" for Brentford, just strolled around. It was like watching Botham at Scunny years ago (on the box I mean).

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Maybe Steve should listen to Gus's interview on talk sport, we will play that way, but we will bring in better players who can play that way.

Steve Claridges views everytime i hear him just make me think, thats why you didn't make it as a manager and are doing 2nd rate tv.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's the usual cliche. You can't say you can't go up from this league playing footballl any more, because we are, so say we won't be able to do it in the Championship. :lol:
Gus knows more than Claridge, don't worrry about that.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It's the usual cliche. You can't say you can't go up from this league playing footballl any more, because we are, so say we won't be able to do it in the Championship. :lol:
Gus knows more than Claridge, don't worrry about that.

That wouldn't be difficult IMHO, except about horse form allegedly...:whistle:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've seen us compared to Swansea and they seem to be doing just fine

I think that is a fair comparison. Initially the struggled once Martinez left but Brendan Rogers has done a terrific job maintaining their footballing style. Certainly a team we could seek to emulate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
erm would that be in the same Championship where the top teams all play a passing game?

long ball has had its time, its for relegation scrappers not aspirational teams, in any division.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I do like he's thing of saying that SCC will take play-offs. Really? surely that is the least they expect.

Plus his prediction of who will be top 2 is us and one of three, talk about sitting on the fence!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is the TV media packed full of cringeworthy cliched rent-a-quote mongs? It's quite obvious that Brighton can play whatever way they like, as long as they're good at it. These idiots haven't watched Albion, and just assume that all we do is tippy tappy it about. We don't do anything of the sort, we completely mix it up. We launch it long, we play it short to Bridcutt, sometimes it goes wide to Painter or Calderon operating as wing backs. The only thing that is dramatically different is that Albion keep the ball as well as poss, the theory being that if you have the ball, they can't score. And predictably, this happens on the edge of our area because it's usually impossible to do in their half.

It's people like Claridge who were saying that Stoke can't stay in the Premiership playing like they did to get promoted in the first place. Absolute bollocks. If you're effective enough, you're good enough.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
As other poster's have pointed out, he will never make it as a manager because he is a fool. Its all very well giving opinions on how teams play but its another thing completely when you are the manager dictating how your team should play and bringing in the players to do it.

Obviously our current success is not solely down to Gus but he is pulling the strings and has the right staff around him, the right chairman above him and the right players in the squad to ensure that his instructions and ideas are implemented.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The problem always arises when people are set up as 'lower league experts' who don't actually watch any lower league football. Their 'knowledge' is gleaned only from goal highlights, and the league and form tables.

At least with that roving reporter Clem on the Beeb, he might be a bit of a buffoon, but he's getting around the grounds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The problem always arises when people are set up as 'lower league experts' who don't actually watch any lower league football. Their 'knowledge' is gleaned only from goal highlights, and the league and form tables.

At least with that roving reporter Clem on the Beeb, he might be a bit of a buffoon, but he's getting around the grounds.
If only that was true. Claridge has said this season that he has seen Brighton play this season and yet still comes out with tired old clap trap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here