Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid, arrogant chant!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If its good enough for Gus to sing to us from Brighton Town Hall Balcony in front of the Mayor etc down a microphone then its good enough for us to sing at matches.
Im getting really pissed off with moany tits on here wining about the chanting and singing etc and about the NSK !!
Are we not all Brighton fans ? Are we not all passionate about our club ?
If you dont like it sod off to Bible class instead !!!!!
WE ARE BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FC WE ARE f***ing BRILLIANT AND WE HATE THE PALARSE SCUM !!! ITS FOOTBALL GET REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably because it was the end of season parade and we was brilliant winning the league???
You don't sing it during matches at the start of a season,maybe at worse you could sing it after beating someone comfortably.

Still a bloody shite song though:sick:

Jan 30, 2008
If its good enough for Gus to sing to us from Brighton Town Hall Balcony in front of the Mayor etc down a microphone then its good enough for us to sing at matches.
Im getting really pissed off with moany tits on here wining about the chanting and singing etc and about the NSK !!
Are we not all Brighton fans ? Are we not all passionate about our club ?
If you dont like it sod off to Bible class instead !!!!!
WE ARE BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FC WE ARE f***ing BRILLIANT AND WE HATE THE PALARSE SCUM !!! ITS FOOTBALL GET REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30 years to late .......... give it up !

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
thought we won 0 - 3 ??

Correct it was 0 - 3, everyone is getting confused with the previous away game v Charlton that we won 0 - 4 although having been to both games Brighton were actually far superior in the Peterborough game and a 0 - 7 scoreline wouldn't have flattered Brighton, fact.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Jesus pal it's called a but of humour. 'You'll never know till you've tried it' is hardly 2k of us admitting we're gay. It's also very funny cos stumps the other fans - what can they possibly sing next after we've sung that?! Answer - NOTHING!

It's a dumb chant! I got a sense of humour but we get enough homophobic abuse at away games without inviting more with idiotic chants like that! When we're beating another team and chant '2-0 to the nancy boys' etc THAT'S FUNNY because it's like we've taken their homophobic abuse and turned it round on them i.e. you've called us a bunch of poofs but we're thrashing at the football, fact! But the other chant like i said it's like saying YES WE ARE GAY! :nono: :blush:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a dumb chant! I got a sense of humour but we get enough homophobic abuse at away games without inviting more with idiotic chants like that! When we're beating another team and chant '2-0 to the nancy boys' etc THAT'S FUNNY because it's like we've taken their homophobic abuse and turned it round on them i.e. you've called us a bunch of poofs but we're thrashing at the football, fact! But the other chant like i said it's like saying YES WE ARE GAY! :nono: :blush:

Both 'you're too ugly to be gay' and 'you'll never know till you've tried it' are always sung AFTER we get some homophobic chant. Again like u say it's taking the homophobic abuse and turning it round on them - all 3 songs are the same IMO.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
After all of the whinging and whining about the "North Stand, North Stand" chant we have one that maybe we started, so what's the problem, its catchy and it's able to be sung loud and tbh name me a football chant that isn't stupid and arrogant.

The worst that can happen is the away/home fans singing "Brilliant, you're having a laugh".

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Am I missing something?

Are football chants not meant to ' big up' your own team while slagging off the others??
So what if it appears arrogant, we're fcking brilliant is fine by me although being in the family stand I have to censor it to ' We're blooming brilliant'

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So much for traditional English understatement. Another cultural icon shattered.

What's wrong wth "We're quite decent for a smallish club, ectually!"

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
"We're f***ing brilliant."

let us break it down.

we are f***ing [brilliant comes from brillar - to shine in latin[

= we are shiny gays?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here