Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid Americans

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
You have to understand that because of the vast size of America internal travel is not easy
I have to disagree with this one my friend. With around 28,000 commercial flights a day in the U.S. getting to and from anywhere here is very easy, I can be in San Francisco for a 10.00am meeting, be back in Southern California mid afternoon and then be back in the office for a meeting late afternoon. Should I not make the flight I want, normally I will have an option of at least six other flights going to the same airport during the day. Getting anywhere here by plane is as easy as getting on a bus in England. The road systems are quality, and should you be anywhere along the southern states in winter you will see the highest number of R.V.'s anywhere on the planet. People travel here, a lot. My retired neighbor drives across 3 states twice a month to visit her grandchildren, people travel here and are not afraid of distances, that is what is cool about each vehicles license plate being State based, you can see where people have come from.

[/QUOTE]It's a fact that richer Americans do not like paying tax[/QUOTE]
As a tax paying family in the highest tax bracket possible, going without paying our taxes is not an option. Reason one, this is where most of the governments money comes from, so they are twice as hard on this bracket when chasing funds, there are four times the number of auditors for the highest tax bracket, which only has 5% of the total payees. The top 5% of tax payers, pay for 50% of all taxes, but they also get the biggest tax breaks, both sides win (if yo can win in taxland), of course no one likes paying taxes though, no matter where you are on the wage scale.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Americans are ignorant as a nation on the whole when it comes to the rest of the world.

Only 37% of them have a passport which is extremley low when compared to other western nations. I think England is around the 70% mark.

For a nation with a reasonably affluent society overall they are very insular people which leads a great deal to this percption of ignorance and stupidity.

I thought it was more like 15 to 20 percent so 37 is a lot more than i thought.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to disagree with this one my friend. With around 28,000 commercial flights a day in the U.S. getting to and from anywhere here is very easy, I can be in San Francisco for a 10.00am meeting, be back in Southern California mid afternoon and then be back in the office for a meeting late afternoon. Should I not make the flight I want, normally I will have an option of at least six other flights going to the same airport during the day. Getting anywhere here by plane is as easy as getting on a bus in England. The road systems are quality, and should you be anywhere along the southern states in winter you will see the highest number of R.V.'s anywhere on the planet. People travel here, a lot. My retired neighbor drives across 3 states twice a month to visit her grandchildren, people travel here and are not afraid of distances, that is what is cool about each vehicles license plate being State based, you can see where people have come from.

As a tax paying family in the highest tax bracket possible, going without paying our taxes is not an option. Reason one, this is where most of the governments money comes from, so they are twice as hard on this bracket when chasing funds, there are four times the number of auditors for the highest tax bracket, which only has 5% of the total payees. The top 5% of tax payers, pay for 50% of all taxes, but they also get the biggest tax breaks, both sides win (if yo can win in taxland), of course no one likes paying taxes though, no matter where you are on the wage scale.

Internal travel is easy if you can afford the air fares yes. However, go to any hick town and find me a bus let alone a train. Even taxis are quire rare in places like Georgia, Tennessee and Oklahoma that I know quite well. As for tax, why are consumer goods so much cheaper for example ? something like thirty million plus Americans have no medical care do they ? Yet for some reason the Land of the Free has very little free medical care. It also has very little in the way of Welfare. The US is a a very nice place to live if you have health and wealth but in fact if you lack those two things as sadly many do then it's a Third World Country. It's also worth noting that The Land of the Free has more people per capita behind bars than any other country in the World. Clearly the massive incarceration effort does nothing to lower the crime rate. I wonder why that is ?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
For further information on the "Free" health options:

Overview Medicaid Program - General Information for low income individuals.

Medicare for retired and disabled individuals.

A large majority of the 30 million without health care coverage come from some of the of 40 million foreign-born people in the United States that are illegal immigrants, all numbers can be quoted, mis quoted and twisted...to call the United States a third world country is touch strong.

The crime rate now is the same as it was in 1970, it has fallen steadily across the country as this report shows:

U.S. Crime Rate Drops: Why There Are Fewer Murders - TIME

Overall, last year the national crime rate was 3977 crimes per 100,000 residents, down from 4852 crimes per 100,000 residents thirty years earlier in 1974 (-18%).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oi they aren't that bad. Everyone has their idiots. :hilton:

Actually if you'd have read my previous post I was defending them. The reply above is clearly from someone who is obviously a clear cut Republican, you know, the same people that have done their damnedest to halt Obama's plans to try and provide health care for those who can't afford it now, a mere thirty to thirty five million of the fellow Americans, forgive me if I find it hard to hide my contempt.

I might add that I know from personal experience that many people currently in America's appalling prisons are in there because the committed crimes just to survive or else they couldn't afford decent legal representation. Oh yes they have their share of idiots but a lot of them are not hard up.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
The reply above is clearly from someone who is obviously a clear cut Republican, you know, the same people that have done their damnedest to halt Obama's plans to try and provide health care for those who can't afford it now, a mere thirty to thirty five million of the fellow Americans, forgive me if I find it hard to hide my contempt.

I can only assume that you are referring to me sir.
If so, you do not know me so you do not know my political views, for your information my wife and I are very proud members of the Democratic Party, my wife alone raised over $3,000 for the last campaign and spent every night for a month knocking on doors to get people to vote, especially the young minority vote as her heritage is of one from a non white race from the rough part of Chicago that Obama represented before the Whitehouse.

Your "contempt" for me is if nothing but quite amusing, I have a view of life when living here, as I do of the other countries I have lived and paid tax in. You a have a self diagnosed view of me and my outlook which is not accurate. This is a forum to express views, my apologies to you if my joining in to present other facts and options does not fit your requirement.

More importantly the score is now 1 - 1 and is sounding like it could be another D & R type event. I will now focus my energy on the game, as I am sure you are as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can only assume that you are referring to me sir.
If so, you do not know me so you do not know my political views, for your information my wife and I are very proud members of the Democratic Party, my wife alone raised over $3,000 for the last campaign and spent every night for a month knocking on doors to get people to vote, especially the young minority vote as her heritage is of one from a non white race from the rough part of Chicago that Obama represented before the Whitehouse.

Your "contempt" for me is if nothing but quite amusing, I have a view of life when living here, as I do of the other countries I have lived and paid tax in. You a have a self diagnosed view of me and my outlook which is not accurate. This is a forum to express views, my apologies to you if my joining in to present other facts and options does not fit your requirement.

More importantly the score is now 1 - 1 and is sounding like it could be another D & R type event. I will now focus my energy on the game, as I am sure you are as well.

Frankly it doesn't fit my experience that's all. You do come across as atypical smug Republican but I do apologise for calling you one.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Frankly it doesn't fit my experience that's all. You do come across as atypical smug Republican but I do apologise for calling you one.

No worries, the wife was more offended when she read this, as she thought she might of married a Repoopican.

The main reason I might come across as standing up for the free health system here, is due to getting under the skin of it for my parents that have now retired and moved here, it is there but without digging deep, the benefits are not well publicized.

Enjoy the game, and I look forward to some more banter in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here