Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuck in the garage

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
is the garage 'integral'?

If not then escape through the roof which will be of timber construction and therefore easier to cut through with a saw.

Whatever you do, do NOT start the car.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
A similar thing happened to the A-Team once. It took them less than an hour to fashion an impromptu tank type vehicle out of the various things that typically litter any residential garage, before bursting out much to the chagrin of the baddies.

You may not have any baddies to contend with here, but I'd suggest a similar approach.

I recall that the said "tank" fired cabbages through a metal tube using compressed gas as a form of non-lethal weapon typical of the peace-loving, non-foolish, non-flying ex-soldiers who in all their televised adventures only killed one person (I believe!).

I would suggest the OP is in more of a "McGuiver" scenario that requires the use of a pen knife, a paperclip and a tin can to fashion a workable cyborg companion to help with the door.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't there some lad on a Virgin Train the other day who tweeted that he was in the toilet and had run out of paper? I think I heard it correctly that, within two minutes, a staff member had attended the toilet and supplied him with paper.

Not sure how acceptable it is to be tweeting whilst going for a #2, but that's another debate. Perhaps the O/P should put this out to the world via Twitter, and see what response he gets. Maybe ask Virgin Trains to help get him out.

Either that, or call the police, or fire & rescue. I'm on duty in a bit. I don't mind coming down and smashing his, er, doors in.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I am a garage door Technician.
Firstly, what do you have
up n over canopy
Up and over retractable
vertical up roller, electric or manual
vertical selectional electric or manual
or Wooden side hungs

As you mention wheel this leads me to think you have a up n over canopy which has the spring fitted horizontally above the door?
have any of the cables snapped?
Are you still stuck in there or an i wasting my time?
I assume you don't have a pedestrian exit in this garage or an internal to the house?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
You could round an round in (albeit small) circles until you PUFFED yourself out?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Are you sure the door isn't hinged at the side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here