Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuck in the garage

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
The wheels normally run in a channel? If so the channel is usually fixed with screws. Undo the screws and remove the channels on one/both sides. You should then be able to move the door enough to escape. Hopefully...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I once lost the power on the garage door once and couldn't open it manually because the car was in the way. This is known as a first world problem.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A similar thing happened to the A-Team once. It took them less than an hour to fashion an impromptu tank type vehicle out of the various things that typically litter any residential garage, before bursting out much to the chagrin of the baddies.

You may not have any baddies to contend with here, but I'd suggest a similar approach.

Unless he's got a decent stereo and access to the A-Team theme tune, I fear this is a non-starter.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
There one is out, sledge hammered the other door in which the keys too were outside!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sledge hammer, hammers, chisel I think power drills with no end bits a few chairs and a table

You could use the sledge hammer to smash up the table and chairs (I assume they are wood and on plastic/metal). Pile up some of the smallest bits to act as kindling against the door and using the hammer and chisel try to create a spark to set the kindling on fire. Once alight add more wood and once the correct level of heat is reached the garage door should be able to be bent enough to crawl underneath. As soon as you are out bend the door back again.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I find clicking on the flower pot releases a code. Use the code to open the safe which will release light bulb. Put the light bulb in the fitting. Click on suit case to release fuse. Put fuse in holder and click on light switch. Light comes on to reveal puzzle. Solve puzzle to release mobile phone. Give up and go to pub.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm slightly surprised that The Argus haven't picked up on this big local interest story yet.

If they did, you just know it would be littered with typos and the headline would be, "Woman locked in Shed seeks help online from football fan extremists website".

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If they did, you just know it would be littered with typos and the headline would be, "Woman locked in Shed seeks help online from football fan extremists website".
You missed a chance there to really maximise its clickbait potential;

'Woman locked in shed by cyclist seeks help online from football fan extremist website'

Only two extra words but you could guarantee that you'd get a whole load of comments on The Argus site. It doesn't even need to actually be correct, no-one expects it to be anymore anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here