Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:clap: :clap: :clap:

remember it well

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
There's a certain something in the roar that greets that goal I've not heard before or since for any Brighton goal.

Something about the accumulation of a season's worth of dispair and resignation watching absolute crap on the field for the the majority of the year. Something about looking like we were heading straight to oblivion and yet had managed to turn it around. Something about never quite believing we could actually claw back those 12 points and stay up. Something about that goal which turned the entire season on it's head - the crap on the field, the crap off it - it was all forgotton for that second because we had achieved the impossible and put our fate back in our own hands. We've never been in that position since and never will be again. The intensity of it means whenever I watch that goal the roar is so far removed from any normal goal celebration. It's a noise torn from the throat like none other. It's the sound of a dying club which had been gasping for oxygen finally filling it's lungs and letting rip. It's the sound that said we were not about to let go - that we were back on our feet, for that season at least - for the fight to stay alive at least - and that we were going to live on.

Well, that explains it for the 4500 who went every week that season, anyway. I don't know what the 8000 who suddenly turned up for the last three games were so happy about. :jester:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
There's a certain something in the roar that greets that goal I've not heard before or since for any Brighton goal.

Something about the accumulation of a season's worth of dispair and resignation watching absolute crap on the field for the the majority of the year. Something about looking like we were heading straight to oblivion and yet had managed to turn it around. Something about never quite believing we could actually claw back those 12 points and stay up. Something about that goal which turned the entire season on it's head - the crap on the field, the crap off it - it was all forgotton for that second because we had achieved the impossible and put our fate back in our own hands. We've never been in that position since and never will be again. The intensity of it means whenever I watch that goal the roar is so far removed from any normal goal celebration. It's a noise torn from the throat like none other. It's the sound of a dying club which had been gasping for oxygen finally filling it's lungs and letting rip. It's the sound that said we were not about to let go - that we were back on our feet, for that season at least - for the fight to stay alive at least - and that we were going to live on.

Absolutely spot on.......

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Paul Hayward:

"In between the Doncaster and Hereford games I saw an England International and I saw Barcelona play Real Madrid at the Nou Camp, but neither of those games came anywhere close to the Brighton glory at Hereford - a crap game at a run-down stadium, a five hour drive away from home."

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
it brings a tear to my eye

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
pasty said:

The thing that really freaks me out about that game is how close Adrian Foster came to scoring in the final minute. It looked like Ormerod closed his eyes, put his arms out, opened eyes and looked down to see a pigs bladder nestled in his arms.

f*** Mooney and his 15 shots against the woodwork, Foster's the biggest non-Albion hero I'll ever have!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here