Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart storer

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
There was more time left after Robbie's goal if he hadn't wasn't there?
Yes but he had. Maybe the haze of time is clouding my remembrances but it felt like I'd been waiting at least 90 minutes for that equaliser :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Where was Barnes? Its his job to score goals like that, where was he. Throwing himself on the floor again , I suppose

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Could run 100m in 10.2seconds wasn't it? Was a great player for us in turning that season around.
When I look back on that season, I find it strange that Archer did spend a bit of money on players. Seem to remember paying 100k out for Paul MacDonald and Craig Maskell and the season before 100k for Jason Peake.
Maybe because the club was worth more as a league club? Removing the non profit clause and selling the ground we could all see the Archer end game, then why pump money in to buy players to stay up? Pull the wool over eyes maybe?

Storer is a legend!!

Yes but the assets strippers lent the club money with terms and penalties the club could never afford to pay back safe in the knowledge that they (the club) would have to sell their main asset (the ground) in order to pay themselves (the directors) back, along with massive interest & penalty payments.

And all this before Wonga!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Does anyone know why Stuart was interviewed pre KO at around 2.35pm in front of a half empty bowl and not at half-time? Seemed a pity.

Feb 14, 2010
No matter what happens to the Albion in the future. Even if we get to the top flight again, or the Cup final again, but maybe this time win it, there will never be a moment greater than the final whistle at Hereford. Palace kids shouting whooa whooa and banging a drum when in the Premier league will never understand that, but that is what makes Brighton so much better than they could ever hope to be. Stuart Storer, not a great footballer but has put his name in BHA / Sussex history.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Stuart is rightly called humble...such a nice guy...my avatar is Stuart signing my painting of that goal and programme from that match...he was playing for Hinckley Utd then at Crawley...I sent a message down to the dressing room asking him for a couple of signatures and after the match he came up to the reception to sign...did the same for my painting of Robbie's goal...he was playing against Grays,Peter Smith was there as well...full marks to both of them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does anyone know why Stuart was interviewed pre KO at around 2.35pm in front of a half empty bowl and not at half-time? Seemed a pity.

To be fair it's no different at half time the same people are sitting in the stands and the same people are queueing for beer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here