Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce To Manage Team GB...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hopefully he will completely f..k up and proove that he shoudn't be allowed anywhere near the full England managers job.

But if he wins it doesn't that indicate he's at least semi-profficient? Just playing devils advocate, I think he's a crap manager and we'll do badly.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I hope he goes nowhere the main England team. Whilst he was undoubtedly a very good player for England, as a coach he is a caricature for everything that is wrong with English football. A proponent of the fist pumping, eye bulging, 'they don't like it uppem' style game. Football has moved on.

If you want some proof of why he would be an emphatic failure: just look at how poorly the Under 21s did at the last Championships they were in, also at the last time England promoted someone from the backroom.

I am not worried though, as soon as Great Britain are inevitably passed of the pitch by a youthful Bolivian outfit - people will realise that Stuart Pearce is certainly not the man for the 1st team job.

This

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
As I understand it it's an 'U23 World Cup' (plus a couple of oldies/Beckham are allowed in the side too). Qualification is based on U21 results, so Pearce makes sense I suppose. Not that I rate him as a manager.

However it is held in August. I can't see any Premier League team releasing their top young players in August.....

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Team GB's strips, including the football kits, are to be unveiled in Spring - apparently adidas have got their top designers on it. I'm not fussed about Stuart Pearce, but would love to snap up a GB football shirt when they are unveiled.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
not keen on the whole GB thing

isn't it time we had our separate identities

don't see many union jacks at england games anymore

as for scotland and wales,you never see them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here