Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
...at London 2012, with Hope Powell managing the women's team. :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as much as i dont like the Olympics and dont really think football should be part of it either way (being professional sport), i hope he does well and goes on to do the main England team. i think he'd do a good job.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
as much as i dont like the Olympics and dont really think football should be part of it either way (being professional sport), i hope he does well and goes on to do the main England team. i think he'd do a good job.

What sport at the Olympics is not pro any more.

The Olympics football comp i believe is the longest serving national tourn, so not sure on peoples stances on it really.

seagulls

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I hope he goes nowhere the main England team. Whilst he was undoubtedly a very good player for England, as a coach he is a caricature for everything that is wrong with English football. A proponent of the fist pumping, eye bulging, 'they don't like it uppem' style game. Football has moved on.

If you want some proof of why he would be an emphatic failure: just look at how poorly the Under 21s did at the last Championships they were in, also at the last time England promoted someone from the backroom.

I am not worried though, as soon as Great Britain are inevitably passed of the pitch by a youthful Bolivian outfit - people will realise that Stuart Pearce is certainly not the man for the 1st team job.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yet most stay amateur for the Olympics then a bout a month after its over sign pro deals.

seagulls

Irrespective of that, you asked what sports are contested by amateurs at the Olympics.

On another note, am I the only one who finds the fact that you put 'seagulls' at the end of all your posts irrationally irritating?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:shrug:

Should appease some of the gimps on here because he sings the national anthem. We will of course be crap though.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I hope he goes nowhere the main England team. Whilst he was undoubtedly a very good player for England, as a coach he is a caricature for everything that is wrong with English football. A proponent of the fist pumping, eye bulging, 'they don't like it uppem' style game. Football has moved on.

If you want some proof of why he would be an empatic failure: just look at both how poorly the Under 21s did at the last Championships they were in, also at the last time England promoted someone from the backroom.

I am not worried though, as soon as Great Britain are inevitably passed of the pitch by a youthful Bolivian outfit - people will realise that Stuart Pearce is certainly not the man for the 1st team job.

1000% this. He is my favourite England player of all time but I totally agree with you.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Irrespective of that, you asked what sports are contested by amateurs at the Olympics.

On another note, am I the only one who finds the fact that you put 'seagulls' at the end of all your posts irrationally irritating?

I did.

The seagulls thing is tapatalk sig. Il try and turn it off not sure how.

seagulls

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a win-win situation. The chances are he'll make a complete pig's ear of it which'll prove that he should be nowhere near the English national side. And as it's the British football team no one will care and we won't have wasted a qualifying campaign for a 'proper' tournament discovering that the ability to sing the national anthem and make the veins on your neck bulge out are NOT essential qualities for an international manager.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Surely you turn it off the same way you turned it on?

Its Auto i think used to say something about sent from Samsung galaxy..... But people moaned about that so some one changed it for me.

seagulls

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Former Scotland manager Craig Brown told BBC Radio 5 live: "I wish them every success but I would still be disappointed if any selected Scottish player took part.

"We fear the autonomy of Scottish football would be jeapordised if we were to play and it would be selfish of the player."

Will CMS get picked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here