Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Hall

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite right Easy.

If he's guilty then people will have plenty of time to get there pitch forks out.
But until such time he (people in general) are innocent until proven.
It's the cornerstone of our legal system

Unless it happens to be a rape case when many an innocent man has had his life ruined by false allegations. There should be total anonymity for the (all) alleged wrong doers until proven guilty. Not detracting from the despicable crime that rape is but the law needs changing to protect the innocents as well as the victims.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Unless it happens to be a rape case when many an innocent man has had his life ruined by false allegations. There should be total anonymity for the (all) alleged wrong doers until proven guilty. Not detracting from the despicable crime that rape is but the law needs changing to protect the innocents as well as the victims.

Does that include Saddam Hussain and his invisible nuclear bombs? or Konys invisible character? what about all these accusations against Iran and Palestein? they haven't been found guilty of anything! Why did Osama Bin Ladin get executed before trial when he wasn't actually found guilty? The law system is bullshit and is used to benefit whoever changes it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does that include Saddam Hussain and his invisible nuclear bombs? or Konys invisible character? what about all these accusations against Iran and Palestein? they haven't been found guilty of anything! Why did Osama Bin Ladin get executed before trial when he wasn't actually found guilty? The law system is bullshit and is used to benefit whoever changes it.
I fail to see how those effect UK law.

As much as I understand your point, this isn't the thread for pointing out how illegal the Iraqi war was.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I fail to see how those effect UK law.

As much as I understand your point, this isn't the thread for pointing out how illegal the Iraqi war was.

Surely the term 'innocent until proven guilty' should also count for how we go about attacking other countries? if we are to use it on alleged rapists and pedophiles, why not in war too?
If not then I'm afraid Stuart Hall needs the same treatment from his government as everyone else gets, he's a danger until found innocent!

Every war in the middle-east we've been involved in has been based on allegations. Why should Hall be seen as 'innocent'?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely the term 'innocent until proven guilty' should count for how we go about attacking other countries too if we are to use it on alleged rapists and pedophiles? If not then I'm afraid Stuart Hall needs the same treatment from his government as the rest of the world gets.
True, but we can't directly effect the rest of the world.
Nobody was going to stop The US from killing and dumping Bin Laden.

We at the very least need to put our own house in order.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Surely the term 'innocent until proven guilty' should also count for how we go about attacking other countries? if we are to use it on alleged rapists and pedophiles, why not in war too?
If not then I'm afraid Stuart Hall needs the same treatment from his government as everyone else gets, he's a danger until found innocent!

Every war in the middle-east we've been involved in has been based on allegations. Why should Hall be seen as 'innocent'?

Maybe the terrorists will agree with you-after all, they never attack innocent civilians do they? They hold court and decide that all infidels deserve to die. When I say 'hold court' they just seem to decide on random targets for their form of justice-now, what were you saying about the middle east and allegations?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

always been a joke - still remember poor Craig Charles getting publically banged up. He did a great speech about being forced to shit in a bucket in front of other men IIRC

In July 1994, Charles and a friend were arrested and remanded in custody for several months on a rape charge.[35] While in prison, Charles was attacked by a man wielding a knife.[36] In March 1995, both men were acquitted in their trial. After being cleared, Charles spoke of the need to restore anonymity for those accused of rape. He stated that "the fact that my name and address along with my picture can appear on the front of the papers before the so-called 'victim' has even signed a statement proves that anonymity for rape defendants is a must and that the law must be changed."

Plenty of others too BBC NEWS | UK | Politics | The trauma of being falsely accused

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I still find it absolutely incredible that the persons name is routinely released on the basis of an ALLEGATION of rape or indecent assault. Dispicable in fact. If he's found guilty then by all means name and shame and send him down. But he's not even been charged yet. Now whatever happens, his name will be dragged through the mud, and with this whole Savile thing he will forever be deemed "guilty by association".

The law really does need changing.

THIS with bells on.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
I still find it absolutely incredible that the persons name is routinely released on the basis of an ALLEGATION of rape or indecent assault. Dispicable in fact. If he's found guilty then by all means name and shame and send him down. But he's not even been charged yet. Now whatever happens, his name will be dragged through the mud, and with this whole Savile thing he will forever be deemed "guilty by association".

I agree entirely with your comment Easy 10. Number of years ago a good friend and colleague was arrested and his name was in all the local papers, his name was mud, he was abused in town, had his windows smashed and had to leave the county. The allegation was withdrawn and it came to light that the alleged victim had made similar allegations against others in the past and all had been withdrawn. The trauma of being accused of such an awful crime and the whispers that continued in the village "no smoke without fire' eventually became to much for him to bare and sadly he ended up taking his own life! The law needs to be changed to protect innocent people.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear, not a good week for him really, this on top of City going out of Europe and a probable spanking in the Manc derby next weekend.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Saddened and stunned by this news. You just never know.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

100% agree.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Bugger me. I was racking my brains trying to work out who the unidentified celeb was.... I'd come to the conclusion it was Bruce Forsyth ( he's the only 80 year old currently working celeb I could think of! ).

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Absolutely this.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As has been previously stated innocent or guilty these allegations, now charges, will blight Stuart Hall for the rest of his life. The details released by the Police tonight, three victims aged 8, 13 and 16, between 1974 and 1984, leave no grey area, and if he's found not guilty in the eyes of some he will be the 'nonce who got away' regardless of his innocence.

The law clearly needs changing, anonymity for both accuser and accused until conviction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As has been previously stated innocent or guilty these allegations, now charges, will blight Stuart Hall for the rest of his life. The details released by the Police tonight, three victims aged 8, 13 and 16, between 1974 and 1984, leave no grey area, and if he's found not guilty in the eyes of some he will be the 'nonce who got away' regardless of his innocence.

The law clearly needs changing, anonymity for both accuser and accused until conviction.

Unless they're dead.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Wonder where Eddie Waring was at the time ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here