• Strongbow

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
sully said:
Regarding the poll, why are we not allowed to vote for neither, because cider is for cleaning toilets, not drinking.

I like cider - it makes me go all squiffy and Zef has to take me home pronto before I start telling stupid jokes and falling over bar stools... :lol:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Blackthorn is the best of the widely available Tap ciders but as Bozza says the local stuff round these 'ere parts is best.

For a truly magnificent cider experience get yourself down to Tuckers Grave in Faulkland - Somerset.

you'll never remember it...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Trufflehound said:
Scrumpy.

It ain't real cider if it ain't got bits of twigs and a selection of small woodland creatures drifting round the bottom of the glass.

this is why the English traditionally have small gaps in their teeth . . .for straining cider n Ale

I've got a thirst on now, think I may take Tedebear for a swift few pints apres work

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Im not a cider drinker and if i do decide to have cider it will just be the odd pint on a hot afternoon. When i do this i will always have a Magners.:drink:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ali_jenkins123 said:
Wheres the 'i dont drink cider, its for hobo's' option?

You're mistaking cider for White Lightning. The favoured tipple of all people either homeless or under the age of 14.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
When I passed you in the doorway
You took me with a glance
Should have took that last bus home
But I asked you for a dance
Now we were steady to the pictures
I always get chocolate stains on my pants
Father says "he's going crazy"
Says I'm livin' in a trance,

Dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in it's spotlight,
It's alright, it's alright, the moonlight
This long, hot summer night

It's three o'clock in the morning, I'm on the streets again
Disobeyed another warning, Shoulda been home by ten
Now I stay out 'till Sunday, I have to say I stayed with friends
It's a habit worth forming, It's a means to justify the end

Dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in it's spotlight,
It's alright, it's alright, the moonlight
This long, hot summer night

I'm walking home
Last bus is long gone

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Clever marketing indeed. From the Guardian last month:

Bulmers to take on Magners in a cider decider

Simon Bowers
The Guardian

The explosion in popularity of Magners pint-bottled cider in Britain has prompted the Irish company behind the drink to earmark €80m (£55m) for investment in advertising and new production capacity as it plans to double its UK sales for the second consecutive year.

The move comes as Scottish & Newcastle, maker of Strongbow, announced it is to resurrect its Bulmers Original cider brand across Britain to defend its market leading position in the face of rapid gains by C&C, the maker of Magners. The move is particularly provocative as Bulmers Original is the name of C&C's leading Irish cider brand, though there is no connection between the companies.

High-profile, localised launches for Magners in Scotland and London have helped transform the image of cider in recent years. C&C's chief executive Maurice Pratt said it offered UK drinkers something new. "It's served from a pint bottle, over ice, rather than draught, as many UK ciders are. It is Irish; it is made with a higher percentage of fresh apple juice. And we emphasise the rural, the agricultural element."

C&C's UK cider sale volumes jumped 130% for the year to February 28, beating analysts' expectations. The company plans to spend €50m doubling production capacity at its Clonmel plant in Tipperary. It will spend a further €30m on advertising in the UK this year as it launches in more than 20 cities.

Magners was launched in 1999 as C&C's overseas version of its Bulmers brand. The Bulmers name outside Ireland belongs to Scottish & Newcastle after it acquired the UK market-leading Herefordshire cider maker HP Bulmer three years ago.

S&N will relaunch Bulmers Original this month. The brand was first sold in Britain in 1982 but was ditched except in Northern Ireland. The drink will be sold in a pint bottle with a label strikingly similar to those of C&C's Magners and Bulmers brands. In a press release, S&N said: "Bulmers Original will be positioned as a product best served over ice and aimed to attract an eclectic mix of new drinkers - both male and female - who value a heritage-based product."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here