• Magners

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Strongbow

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
More of a Strongbow fella myself. Cant get the taste of Magners at all and even more so served in a glass full of ice!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Magners is life

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gave the Magners a go during the Mexico v Argies in the Temple.
Very nice too I thought.

:drink:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Magners is from Clonmel in Ireland. There a racecourse there. Not too sure what it has to do with cider though. However, I will go for Magners as I had a glass last week over ice and it was pleasant enough. Nothing to get carried away with now mind and very clever marketing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're talking mass produced 'cider' - both Blackthorn and Scrumpy Jack beat both Magners and Strongbow every time.

Better is the local proper cider though. Served in these parts with a dash of orange squash and/or a slice.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
True, you can't beat real farm scrumpy!

Local cider fans can go to Middle Farm near Firle. They have a terrific number (around 150) of ciders and perry's from all around the country and you can sample them all for free if you want. There are some absolutely amazing ones and also some absolutely disgusting ones too.

Well worth a visit.

BUTTERBALL said:
Magners is from Clonmel in Ireland.

My family are from the neighbouring town of Carrick.

So another vote for Strongbow!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tonight I'm mainly drinking Scrumpy. Better than Magners.

If you want cold cider - stick the can in the freezer for a little while...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'm certainly no conoiseur and I haven't been around these parts all that long but I have found both Ashton Press and Stonehouse to be fine ciders. Strong and a little sweet to take the edge off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
agreed - scrumpy is far superior to all of them

in this case, i will go for STRONGBOW though

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
Magners is from Clonmel in Ireland. There a racecourse there. Not too sure what it has to do with cider though. However, I will go for Magners as I had a glass last week over ice and it was pleasant enough. Nothing to get carried away with now mind and very clever marketing.

Nothing to do with cider but i've been to Clonmel as my mother was born there!:wave:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
neither of them are up to much to be honest, but Magners has a dangerously orange colour to it, like post piss up syrupy piss :eek:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bozza said:
If you want cold cider - stick the can in the freezer for a little while...

But don't forget to get it out again before it freezes. Some twat put a can in our freezer before the Argentina match on Saturday. When I removed the contents on Sunday afternoon, it had made a terrible mess!

Regarding the poll, why are we not allowed to vote for neither, because cider is for cleaning toilets, not drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here