Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strong wind and heavy rain forecast tomorrow.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I remember a game at Barnet which is the wettest I have been.
The two that spring to mind for me are that Barnet game and the 1-0 defeat at home to Bristol Rovers on Boxing Day 1990 (not that I got soaked as I was under the North Stand roof but I dread to think how wet I'd have been on an open terrace):-

BristolRovers.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff away in 2016, back of the stand and we still got drenched.
Ohhhh yes. Got drenched just walking to the CC Stadium. Continued to get soaked throughout the game thanks to the high winds. Was an abysmal game of football also :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The two that spring to mind for me are that Barnet game and the 1-0 defeat at home to Bristol Rovers on Boxing Day 1990 (not that I got soaked as I was under the North Stand roof but I dread to think how wet I'd have been on an open terrace):-

View attachment 187707
Bristol Rovers game should never have been played. The pitch was in a mess for weeks after that. Just one match in those conditions can have a lasting legacy.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Yep that Cardiff one was a shocker. Followed by some Welsh pricks refusing to pick us up a taxi because we were English.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Bmuff away Feb 95 was the wettest game I’ve attended, a cold monsoon. On the pitch, the ball ground to an abrupt early halt as it hit each lake. Minton and McDugald played the conditions brilliantly in a 3-0 win.
I couldn’t remember the date but have always remembered buying a program at Bournemouth, putting in inside my winter coat and when I got it out in the car back home there was a hole through the whole middle of it, I have never got so soaked.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Anyone do do away to Plymouth Jan 94, New year game? Biblical rain.cheeky 1.1 draw against Shiltons team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here