Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stringers or bloody annoying studes........

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
....well, who annoys you most on the streets of brighton and hove?

is it the army of northern monkeys who stumble around begging for money to buy drink or the euphamistic "cup of tea" or is it the bibbed students who block every main shopping thoroughfare in town and jump out at you asking "would you like to save the planet" "would you like to do something good today" ?

for me its though annoying student types. preaching a load of bullshit they've learnt by rote for that morning's good cause, earning £12 an hour or whatever it is, and making out it's all for charity....

i've been stopped 9 nine times walking through town today, why can't they feck off!

rant over, now relax......

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I hate them both, shoot the lot of 'em :shootself

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
afters said:
....well, who annoys you most on the streets of brighton and hove?

is it the army of northern monkeys who stumble around begging for money to buy drink or the euphamistic "cup of tea" or is it the bibbed students who block every main shopping thoroughfare in town and jump out at you asking "would you like to save the planet" "would you like to do something good today" ?

for me its though annoying student types. preaching a load of bullshit they've learnt by rote for that morning's good cause, earning £12 an hour or whatever it is, and making out it's all for charity....

i've been stopped 9 nine times walking through town today, why can't they feck off!

rant over, now relax......

12 quid an hour? That's about double the going rate for an office job in Brighton-where do I sign?! :p

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I cant believe thay have started begging for OXfam,unicef,geeenpeace ,or any other charity it is! down the seafront! they really are taking the piss now!

this should be outlawed,but it is such a taboo subject no M.P will bring this up in the commons! they get around it as no money exchanges hand on the street its all direct debit

also while were on the topic of charity collectors, DO NOT give to Rose sellers or lolly pop sellers in pubs, I over heard some girl saying that she makes 50% of the collection ,her boss takes 30% and 20% goes to charity if their lucky!!! WANKERS.. its nothing short of a crime!!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It'll be the bibbed bastards for me.
Especially when they work for the f***ing accident group or claims direct. I've taking to completely ignoring them so they end up shouting after you. wankers.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Never have given to rose/lollipop sellers in pubs'cos it just seemed a bit strange that you only ever saw these obscure charities when you were half cut. Now I've got the stats I'm glad I went with my instincts. Nice one Mr Popkins!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You lot should try the King's Road (Chelsea) on a weekday. It's impossible to walk more than 100 yards without being approached. It's got to the point where I take a bus along the road even if I'm only going 200 yards for my lunchtime sarnie, it's the only way you can go anywhere uninterrupted. :angry:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
people who should have gone to Camden, but decided Brighton was 'cooler'. f*** off back to London. Annoyed me so much over recent years I moved to London to escape the bastards. :angry:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I was told recently that this form of commission also occurs with mainstream charity collectors, so you're better off signing up with the charity directly anyhow... apparantly

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Ah, you'd be referring to Charity Muggers, or "chuggers", as they're lovingly known -- AKA the London Road Guilt Gauntlet.

I have devised a cunning system of fobbing them off. From a distance, spot which charity they're mugging for that day. It's generally printed large on their bibs.

They always try it on with "Scuse me sir, can you spare a minute for..."

Then just hit them back with a suitably witty retort:

"Can you spare a minute for cancer research?"
"Sorry, I think it'll take longer than that, and besides, I'm not medically qualified!"

"Can you spare a minute for Alzheimer's?"
"I can't remember".

"Can you spare a minute for Save the Children?"
"There are too many kids to save in a minute, love..."

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Its definitely the bibbed wonders for me. What I like to do, if i'm in no rush, is let them talk for ages, ask lots of questions, agree with them that this charity is 'special' and then, when they produce a form for me to fill in, i ask for the website address so I can resarch it further as there are so many worthy charities that stop me every day I want to make sure the money i donate goes to the 'right' charity for me. That usually frustrates the buggers, or, i leave them with the impression that I'm even more 'right on' and 'caring' and 'aware' than even they are. Losers.

One girl did ask me which charities I had the websites for(which threw me a bit as i had none) and when i was actually going to donate my money. 'Oh, when they start repeating on me' I replied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here