Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strikers strikers strikers...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Remember the old days? You had a couple of strikers and you played them. Week in week out. Binney and Poskett. Mellor and Ward. Maybank and Clark. Sometimes they had dry spells. Sometimes they were great. Sometimes they were crap. But what did happen is they knew they were playing and they had a job to do, giving them the kind of confidence in their abilities that is sorely lacking in front of goal at the moment.

I very much like the commitment and work rate shown by Alex Revell but is now the time for Joe Gatting to also step up to the plate?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
So, this is who we have as our strike force...

Out and Out Strikers

Jake Robinson 28 apps 8 goals
Alex Revell - 31 apps 7 goals
Joe Gatting - 5 apps 0 goals

Players who play other positions as well as striker

Gary Hart - 275 app 44 goals
Dean Cocks 2 apps 1 goal
Joel Lynch (?) 21 apps 1 goal

So we're f***ed basically.

McFuckhead Out and NOW.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lush said:
but is now the time for Joe Gatting to also step up to the plate?

I think that 3pm on a Saturday is a better time for him to step up than 7.56am on a Friday

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Re: Re: Strikers strikers strikers...

El Presidente said:
I think that 3pm on a Saturday is a better time for him to step up than 7.56am on a Friday

Would it make a difference whatever the time he stepped up? He can't score for toffee.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Strikers strikers strikers...

Virgo's Haircut said:
Would it make a difference whatever the time he stepped up? He can't score for toffee.

Have you tried offering him toffee? I doubt it.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Strikers strikers strikers...

Rangdo said:
Have you tried offering him toffee? I doubt it.

Well it was actually fudge he was offered. He ate it, got fat, and is now 24 stone. :dunce:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Virgo's Haircut said:
So, this is who we have as our strike force...

Out and Out Strikers

Jake Robinson 28 apps 8 goals
Alex Revell - 31 apps 7 goals
Joe Gatting - 5 apps 0 goals

OK, lets put Revell (1 in 4) and Robinson (1 in 3.5) together and leave it alone for a few weeks to establish a rapport. Stop messing with it:nono:

Unfortunately this should have all been done in pre season. :dunce: :dunce:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i think the fact that the following have been our strikers in last 2 years sums everything up really -

Molango
Virgo
Robinson
Knight
Turinenzo
Gatting
Maccammon
Hart
Carole
CKR
Revell
GKW
Claridge
McPhee

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think now's the time for us to go back to 4-4-2 with two strikers who play week in week out (Robinson and Revell). Part of the reason why our top scorer only scored 6 last season was MM kept on messing around with rotating strikers.
We can't sign anyone to immediately solve our attacking problems so it's a case of having to make do with Robinson, Revell, Hart and Gatting and trying to work out the best partnership that will get us the most goals. If we don't bring a striker in on loan soon then this club really is a joke.

If I had to choose a team for tommorow it would be:

Kuipers GK
Lynch LB
Reid RB
Santos CB
El-Abd CB
Hart RM
Frutos LM
Cox CM
Carpenter CM
Revell FWD
Robinson FWD

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
yeah drop this 4-3-3 munk now, it doesn't really work

get frutos back into the team WHIPPING in the crosses...cox on the right? robinson and revell upfront for the WHOLE SEASON

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im going to stick my neck out here. We got Maskell and Macdonald from Southampton when we were in the bottom division and knew we would be playing at Gillingham next season.

If CASE could get two players from a premier league club then why cant Magoo?

And dont give me wages, stadium, facilities coz we didnt f***ing have one at the end of the season.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
bew4194 said:
I think now's the time for us to go back to 4-4-2 with two strikers who play week in week out (Robinson and Revell). Part of the reason why our top scorer only scored 6 last season was MM kept on messing around with rotating strikers.

Totally agree. It's also one of the reasons that CKR got so pissed off. If magoo doesn't stick with a settled partnership up front then how the hell are they supposed to build up an understanding and build and confidence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
tommy boy said:
maskell was the season before gillingham- his debut was my first game

Yes it was the last season at the Goldstone. These players joined when we DIDNT even have a stadium to play in next season.....

Oct 25, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes it was the last season at the Goldstone. These players joined when we DIDNT even have a stadium to play in next season.....

doh- i meant the season before the season before

but yeah, you are correct, it is very strange that past managers have had little trouble signing players, yet mcghee seems to find it almost IMPOSSIBLE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here