Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker...Who will it be?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can have the privilege of bouncing this thread when the half million pound transfer comes about.:thumbsup:

No inside info on my part. Its only what's been widely reported on Sky Sports site, tabloid rumours, and on here. Comes up way too often, for there to be nothing at all in it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Expecting a real surprise from Gus on new striker, so... no idea...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So much shit flying around today! So far we are signing Aaron Mclean, Leon Best, Siomn Cox, Jose Peroro and perhaps someone else I've missed.

Exciting thing is, one of them is probably true.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
So much shit flying around today! So far we are signing Aaron Mclean, Leon Best, Siomn Cox, Jose Peroro and perhaps someone else I've missed.

Exciting thing is, one of them is probably true.

Also on their way are Marlon Harewood, Kevin Phillips, Diego Forlan, Clinton Morrison, the list goes on... :clap2:

WHAT A STRIKE FORCE WE'RE GONNA HAVE! :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It'll be someone we've never heard of, but they will have a flair name, and a suntan.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Is that the situation created in a few retarded minds on NSC?

bit strong buddy. surely nobody would argue against these facts:

- that murray was unsettled here for a long time... he asked to be placed on the transfer list within months of signing FFS!
- he was abused at brentford last year after treating us with contempt
- the argus reported last month that huddersfield are interested in him and have possibly tabled a bid

personally i don't really care if he goes or stays. just find it a bit odd that people jump on anybody who dares to suggest that perhaps murray isn't perhaps 100% committed to the club.

but whoever we sell and whoever we buy... in gus we trust!

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
Freddy Eastwood is banging in the goals for Coventry quite comfortably , and i heard Howard is going to Burton .

Well if 12 in 82 is what you consider banging in the goals..

Ashley Barnes or Aaron Maclean get my vote.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Craig Mackail-Smith

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Mclean i would love to sign, as i think he is class, a big guy and a goalscorer also would love Dagnall i still think we should keep Dickinson, as i think be a good player, but doesnt seem he has manager or a lot of fans on his side.
Holroyd i think may come good just needs to adjust more and have build up sessions as seems too weak, lets give him a chance he is young and come from the conference.
I do think that Barnes also would be a great signing as young and wants to play for club, i also still wantt lua lua they be dream signings then we be ready for season.
im not asking for much only barnes, Lua Lua, Mclean, Dagnall and also ok Hendrie.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Dagnall HAS signed for Scunthorpe already.
Mackail Smith would cost over £1m and has reportedly Middlesborough after him, furthermore why would Peterborough let him go. Maclean is a decent shout, had transfer requests numerous times but possibly go to a championship club if he was to leave me thinks. Leon Best, David Mcgoldrick, Joel Garner or Nathan Tyson would all be good signings IMO.
Got a funny feeling it will be one of Forests' numerous strikers, although a swap including Glenn Murray and Jordan Rhodes would do me fine :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Freddy Eastwood is banging in the goals for Coventry quite comfortably , and i heard Howard is going to Burton .

I can't see Eastwood myself, would be very expensive in terms of wages having been at the top end of the Championship for quite a while. Also Wolves sold him because of his refusal to agree with the Manager's decision on a number of issues.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Oh and Kevin Lisbie, as another option, would be a very similar option to Forster in my opinion. Only a year left on his contract and cant see him getting much of a look in at Ipswich.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Stories on rumour sites mention McLean quite a bit and for a fee around £1m..He can certainly scores goals but at 5ft 7in I dont think he will be operating as a lone striker. So if it is him, expect another........Exciting!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here