Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker or Midfielder

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Locky said:
Its the service provided to the strikers that enable them to score goals.

Chippy has been good for the club, but if you watch most games he will put the ball out wide and rarely slides a ball through the defence for one of our strikers to latch on to.

I know...the point i was making is that on saturday as in previous games we HAVE created chances...but missed them

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jarrett's deal was about 500 quid a week, remember he was on trial at Lewes before he came to us.

Nobody is on 4k a week, nobody. It may reach it with win, appearance, clean sheet, goal, disciplinary records etc etc, but that will only be the top performers, and frankly who has done enough to earn a great deal in bonuses this year? Not many that's for sure.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Is it to much to ask for a goalscoring midfielder?

There's one at Coventry called Dennis wise we could've had!!

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Then again it's not too late to bring him in as player/manager.

A good leader off the pitch, and a good motivator on it. just what we've been missing since oatway's injury!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
sofa fella said:
There's one at Coventry called Dennis wise we could've had!!

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Then again it's not too late to bring him in as player/manager.

A good leader off the pitch, and a good motivator on it. just what we've been missing since oatway's injury!!

Coventry signed 2 Dennis Wise and Don Hutchinson either would have done us.

BensGrandad said:
Coventry signed 2 Dennis Wise and Don Hutchinson either would have done us.

You gonna start an imaginary fund for a midfielder as well as the one you started for a striker then?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mcghee said there was funds given to him and given a 100k bid was made for Brighton im sure that would have been another to cover one of there wages for the rest of the season.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I think we need both a striker and a good midfielder, I see that Royle is allowing Jim Magilton out on loan - I know he's 35 but he turned the game when he came on against us last time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
You gonna start an imaginary fund for a midfielder as well as the one you started for a striker then?

Your off again.

Plain simple fact either of them could have done a job for us as both were available and I am told reaonably cheap.

Perhaps a midfielder with brains and experience would pass a ball through the defenders on the ground to make the most of our strikers abilities as opposed to your hero scooping high balls over the top of 6ft+ defenders and wondering why we don't get the ball and they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here