Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Adrian Colunga Signs Two Year Deal (Update)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The one thing we are missing up top is height. Ok O'Grady gives us that option but i'm not sure he is the answer in other depts. Every time Bennett got up field yesterday he was looking to get the cross in, which is great. But there is not options up there for that, as everyone is -6ft. Colunga will add depth to the squad and could be a very shrewd signing, but he is not the Ulloa replacement.

How many high crosses did we put in yesterday? Most of them were to feet. We don't 'need' a tall striker if played right, at pace.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How many high crosses did we put in yesterday? Most of them were to feet. We don't 'need' a tall striker if played right, at pace.
But was that decent tactics. It was clear their centre half's were massive and with our lack of height in attack the manager told the players not to cross in the air as he had done his homework.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The one thing we are missing up top is height. Ok O'Grady gives us that option but i'm not sure he is the answer in other depts. Every time Bennett got up field yesterday he was looking to get the cross in, which is great. But there is not options up there for that, as everyone is -6ft. Colunga will add depth to the squad and could be a very shrewd signing, but he is not the Ulloa replacement.

I'm not sure (rightly or wrongly) whether we're looking for a direct Ulloa replacement. We're trying to replace his goals but not his height. Hyypia's style involved more fluid movement so I think he wants a striker who fits that (which is why CMS got more opportunities yesterday than he often did under Poyet and why he's ahead of O'Grady at the moment).

I don't disagree with your thoughts about crosses and we looked a bit short at set pieces, just saying I'm not sure we'll be signing a big forward.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not sure (rightly or wrongly) whether we're looking for a direct Ulloa replacement. We're trying to replace his goals but not his height. Hyypia's style involved more fluid movement so I think he wants a striker who fits that (which is why CMS got more opportunities yesterday than he often did under Poyet and why he's ahead of O'Grady at the moment).

I don't disagree with your thoughts about crosses and we looked a bit short at set pieces, just saying I'm not sure we'll be signing a big forward.

The trouble is, we are lacking defensively on set-pieces as well, which is why I disagree slightly re the height thing.

I think we do need a big forward, because the role that Murray, then Barnes, then Ulloa did defensively on corners is not being undertaken satisfactorily at the moment.

EDIT - Just re-read your post and think we agree - early Sunday etc...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The trouble is, we are lacking defensively on set-pieces as well, which is why I disagree slightly re the height thing.

I think we do need a big forward, because the role that Murray, then Barnes, then Ulloa did defensively on corners is not being undertaken satisfactorily at the moment.

EDIT - Just re-read your post and think we agree - early Sunday etc...

We do. We gave them a free header at a corner, just before the goal from the free kick and every set piece had me worried. I'm just not sure they're going to go for the big man up front (although I might be wrong). Playing Ince in midfield would help too as he would add some height but in yesterday's starting 11, I don't think anyone other than Stockdale, Greer and Dunk were over six foot whereas Bolton had a lot more!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We do. We gave them a free header at a corner, just before the goal from the free kick and every set piece had me worried. I'm just not sure they're going to go for the big man up front (although I might be wrong). Playing Ince in midfield would help too as he would add some height but in yesterday's starting 11, I don't think anyone other than Stockdale, Greer and Dunk were over six foot whereas Bolton had a lot more!

Quite. It's quite a physical division to be playing smaller players, which is where we may come undone.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
FM14 WARNING!!!

FM rates him very highly (but more as right up front not just behind) and is quite clearly in the Tiexera mode BUT he has a high rating for injuries... not too dissimilar from that which Vicente had when he first signed - 14/20. I usually never sign anyone over 12.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
If he can score goals against Real Madrid and Barcelona I'm sure he can score against derby county ;-)

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I think that if this signing goes through we won't be signing any more players. I think we will not be playing with a target man type striker this year. Instead using skilful creative players like Texiera and Corlunga to take advantage of any space created by CMS who will occupy the centre backs defenders.

Whether this will work, only time will tell. However, I am much happier with our squad options now than a few weeks back. Can't argue with the clubs signings.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Linked to Valencia last season apparently.

... only one drawback has some history of falling out with people
You mean this?

http://www.marca.com/2010/01/18/futbol/equipos/recreativo/1263848350.html

A group of fans Recreativo de Huelva rebuked, after training the team, striker Adrian Colunga, and then scratched the side of his car. Fans disagreed with the Asturian striker, who in recent weeks has expressed his desire to leave the recreativista template.

Colunga, who arrived in Huelva at the beginning of last season signing in the near 3 million euros, the most expensive in the history of Recreativo-, said during the summer and his desire to leave to play in First Recreativo.

This desire has reiterated in recent days, so the club decided to find a solution consisting of transferring it to a team of First exchange for another striker. The efforts were not successful with Osasuna at the refusal of the youth squad Galán, and later with Zaragoza, but the club met the same obstacle with Braulio, so the player remains with the team Huelva.

The last few weeks the player is getting a lot of criticism from fans understand that Colunga is not committed to the team. Coach Raul Agne, is not counting on it for alignments, but sporting director Alfonso Serrano, said that the player belongs to Recreativo for all purposes, but does not rule out an agreement with any club before it closes the winter market.

Dean opens an information package
The board Recreativo announced in a statement that, to the reports in various media about the "alleged attempted assault" Adrian Colunga, has decided to open an information package to clarify the facts.

In this sense, it reveals that you have received in the clubhouse "via e-mail and phone" denials of it "by people who claim to be witnesses to what happened."

Recreativo requested "respect for any member of the entity (sports or not), and also want to order the utmost caution in the treatment of information not to damage the image of the fans of Dean of Spanish football has always been exquisite and exemplary throughout its 120 year history. "

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Goodbye yqt go bien.jugador quality but super irregular.su step x geta in performance-salary by authentic fracaso.ahora wait q xq ATU movement makes this year do not really understand their movements became interested in victor perez water. I became interested in water also have been brave two very buenos.queria reinforcements fire javi given q valencia pay the entire tab tambien.gimenez water to q agua.lucas vazquez has not placed water dog leon tambien.ahora expect q about the matter already told you a few days ago there are two options x front d the other one is known the other can not have won half the salary for front q periodistaa.ahora know are interested in the assignment d a young forward with little or nimguna experience first and also in a front d Never experienced but has played espña.tambien has shown interest in the situation d x d midfield player q his team looking greeting cesion.un and winning today.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Goodbye yqt go bien.jugador quality but super irregular.su step x geta in performance-salary by authentic fracaso.ahora wait q xq ATU movement makes this year do not really understand their movements became interested in victor perez water. I became interested in water also have been brave two very buenos.queria reinforcements fire javi given q valencia pay the entire tab tambien.gimenez water to q agua.lucas vazquez has not placed water dog leon tambien.ahora expect q about the matter already told you a few days ago there are two options x front d the other one is known the other can not have won half the salary for front q periodistaa.ahora know are interested in the assignment d a young forward with little or nimguna experience first and also in a front d Never experienced but has played espña.tambien has shown interest in the situation d x d midfield player q his team looking greeting cesion.un and winning today.

que?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Yep spot on...Our style isn't about a big man scoring from headers,its similar to arsenal and about playing through sides....Goals will be shared throughout the side as we have an abundance of attacking players available,all this big striker stuff is nonsense.

Looks good this chap :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Radio Marca journalist talking to Argus journalist Brian Owen about Colunga

[tweet]503462679361884160[/tweet]

"he's a fabolous (sic) striker"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here