Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strictly Come Dancing

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Beach Hut said:
So what you are saying is the BBC take a cut of the phone call cost as well as donating some to Children In Need ?

NO !!! :ohmy:

He was talking about telephoning in generally.

Interesting in retrospect isn't it though ?

What came first - the premium rate phone line or the reality televsion concept ?

I think my post above answers the question.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
clapham_gull said:
Slightly off the point but I briefly worked in childrens television production in a minor about 13 years ago when I left college.

My boss was told by a BBC presenter (whose name escapes me) that in the future mosts popular television programmes will have an element of people ringing in on a premium rate number because it's a licence to make money.

How prophetic was that ?

What have fake limbs got to do with it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And the winner is Mark Ramprakash

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beach Hut said:
Thank f*** this finishes in around 40 minutes.

I shall be writing to the BBC about this shambles I pay for as a licence fee payer.

Not my cup of tea but very popular and it has to be better than the myriad of stupid game shows that normally pollute Saturday evening schedules.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ramprakash was quality throughout, most of the female population and a significant proportion of the fruity male population would go there, I give his marriage two months.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well I enjoyed it...all I need now is to find someone to learn the Argentine Tango with me...that is serious dancing, none of your poncing around in night clubs shite...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here