Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Street parking in Coldean area

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Please note anyone looking to park in Coldean Lane tomorrow, the students are all back and still have limited parking in Varley Hall because of building work.

Therefore Coldean Lane/Rushlake Road/Hawkurst is busier than has been so far this season (and they have less consideration for parking than football fans!).

If you are aiming to park in Coldean arrive a little earlier to get a space, or be prepared for a longer walk than normal.

Thanks for the heads up...was going to try and park there tomorrow. Is the route from the Hikers easy to follow?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If it is all perfectly legal to park there, why are they even allowed to put up the blue 'Residents only, no football parking' signs on Park Rd? There's a garage just down my road that are always putting fixed cars outside my house. If I put up a sign saying 'No garage cars' I'd expect it to come flying throught the front window.

Everyone is ignoring them, anyway.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Thanks for the heads up...was going to try and park there tomorrow. Is the route from the Hikers easy to follow?

No problem.

The walk from the Hikers is really simple. Either walk to the traffic lights and turn left and follow the A27, or walk through the woods the entrance opposite the Hikers.

Then either cross at the lights at Stanmer Park under the new section of road and into Falmer school (BACA) via the tunnel under the railway line.Turn left along the path that runs parallel with the railway line.

Or continue walking to the University and go under the subway to Falmer station.

It takes 15-20 mins at a decent pace.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Very easy. You can walk through the woods but as I'm a bit of a scardey cat I use the A27 - pavement all the way and then trough the Uni underpass.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
No problem.

The walk from the Hikers is really simple. Either walk to the traffic lights and turn left and follow the A27, or walk through the woods the entrance opposite the Hikers.

Then either cross at the lights at Stanmer Park under the new section of road and into Falmer school (BACA) via the tunnel under the railway line.Turn left along the path that runs parallel with the railway line.

Or continue walking to the University and go under the subway to Falmer station.

It takes 15-20 mins at a decent pace.

I noticed one or two residents had stuck wheelie bins outside "their" parking spaces on Friday night. As mentioned, park legally & considerately & you will be fine. Might be an idea to take a little LED type torch for the walk back through the woods? I stumbled about three times on Friday night, luckily not doing myself an injury.

Brighton Council should really install some lighting along that path in the woods. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here