Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strat versus Gibson

So what be the axe master?

• Total voters

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I fought and died in the Punk Rock Wars , to rid the world of double necked guitars (as well as Pink Floyd )

Shame you lost then......

Oh and the Stratocaster if only because of Rory Gallagher, although my fave guitarist Mr Reilly owns & uses both a Strat and a Les Paul:thumbsup:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Shergold double necks for me.........

hpc_custdbl612_1.jpg

festmr.jpg

Always wanted one of those since I first saw a pic of Mike Rutherford with one....couldn't play it much mind but nice to have around :)

Shame you lost then......

Oh and the Stratocaster if only because of Rory Gallagher, although my fave guitarist Mr Reilly owns & uses both a Strat and a Les Paul:thumbsup:

Rory and Jimi swayed me, so Fender made me a lovely 40th anniversary 1994 model that looks just like this.
The body is made of 1 piece of wood, which is almost unheard of. I did ask for that detail, but didn't really expect my wish to be fulfilled.

2slowhand.gif

(On saturday I confess to looking longingly at the Les Pauls down by Kensington Gardens.... but they are tres pricey)

Here's a guitar made by a friend of mine, now designing them for Kramer.
It's a nice player, that's for sure. I wasn't sure about the shape of the model I had at my house because the 'wing' was accentuated a lot more than the one in this vid;

[yt]NtBEvirZvbc[/yt]

Important to model such a guitar elegantly!

[yt]E7VPQabXvK8[/yt]

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Up until recently the vote would have been towards the Strat. But after listening to far too much Joe Bonamassa recently, and realising that Dave Guilmors best wok is on the Telecaster (sorry Broadcaster in his case). My vote is for the Les Paul.

P.S. Kossoff played Les Pauls for the majority of his career,

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
This is my baby, and if you can ever get your hands on an ebow then get one .... hours of fun!!

23621381577683986646508.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here