• walk on by

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • genetix

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

I miss the Stranglers.

Peaches and Bring on the nubiles were my favorites, but they had so many.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
In my view the greatest band from the punk era and had real talent and not just the attitude. First band I really got into but sadly they perhaps went on too long and it was effectively over when Cornwell left. Still limping along today but I felt their golden period was up to the Raven album although there were a few gems after.

JJ had one of greatest bass tones ever and Greenfield never got the recognition he deserved. Their biography is a great read too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coincidentally and rather randomly I met the niece of Hugh Cornwell at a party tonight.

Totally agree with the comment about JJ. He had a very distinct bass style and sound.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I haven't read through this but are you having a laugh? Where is Golden Brown?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I miss the Stranglers.

Peaches and Bring on the nubiles were my favorites, but they had so many.

Indeed. Nuclear Device was brilliant in so many ways. As was Something Better Change.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ahhh getting it now, this is a College selection... an old gits being really clever type thing, not them real chart hits. I first heard Stranglers in 75/76 and Golden Brown is by far the best track they ever did, in my opinion of course, you can't leave it out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ahhh getting it now, this is a College selection... an old gits being really clever type thing, not them real chart hits. I first heard Stranglers in 75/76 and Golden Brown is by far the best track they ever did, in my opinion of course, you can't leave it out.

I can see where youre coming from. But, I think Nuclear Device or Always The Sun are the best.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can see where youre coming from. But, I think Nuclear Device or Always The Sun are the best.

I'll take Always the Sun, another classic and even off the poll list I'd have Hanging Around, but they still don't live with Golden Brown... not just the best Stranglers song but one of my best ever full stop.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And now I've you tubed Golden Brown, what a classic.

I love the way they dress in tuxedo's but still look like punk rockers!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

golden brown? not even the best on the album,prefer the man they love to hate and tramp,to name but 2

also aural sculpture that came after feline has alot of songs on it better than golden brown,but each to there own

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
rattus reached number 4 in the album charts
heroes number 2
B&W also number 2

yeah,real chart hits

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
rattus reached number 4 in the album charts
heroes number 2
B&W also number 2

yeah,real chart hits

B&W came with an ep about tits I seem to remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here