Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strangest spelling of a name you have ever seen

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What, the film with Bruce Wee-yeess? No. No I haven't.

Only asked because it contains the same joke you made in your previous post. It features a black character called Zeus, Bruce Willis hears someone shout "Hey, Zeus" at said character and thinks he's called "Jesus".

Much comedy ensues for the 30 seconds or so it takes them to sort the misunderstanding out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The Spanish definitely have a collective speech impediment thing going on there. They call Jesus 'Hey! Zeus!' I mean, they can't even get the religion right :rolleyes:

And Rastafarians call Jesus.....Je-sus. This is because they wish to make the connection clear to Jesse, father of David and thus recognising Jesus as part of the solomonic dynasty............

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Tickets available for Albion vs Leighton Orient on the official site...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And Rastafarians call Jesus.....Je-sus. This is because they wish to make the connection clear to Jesse, father of David and thus recognising Jesus as part of the solomonic dynasty............

You think Jesus had it bad?

When I was in Jamaica, half the locals I was introduced to burst into spontaneous laughter when they were introduced to me. Yup, wrong kind of place to be introduced as 'Raas' :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You think Jesus had it bad?

When I was in Jamaica, half the locals I was introduced to burst into spontaneous laughter when they were introduced to me. Yup, wrong kind of place to be introduced as 'Raas' :down:

You silly Claat ! :D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only asked because it contains the same joke you made in your previous post. It features a black character called Zeus, Bruce Willis hears someone shout "Hey, Zeus" at said character and thinks he's called "Jesus".

Much comedy ensues for the 30 seconds or so it takes them to sort the misunderstanding out.

Does that mean I could get a job as scriptwriter on the next Die Hard film? Mind you, suppose just about anybody could :shrug:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Niamh

It's actually pronounced 'Neeve'

It is the correct spelling of the name. It is Irish where the name originated.

Funniest spelling of a name I have seen is Daryn for Darren. Though the strangest name that I have seen is

Merlin Dragon-Slayer. (Yes it really is someone's name)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lynrd (Leonard)

If he left here tomorrow, I think most people would remember him, with that name

Leonard Skynyard , by that spelling, loses its edge ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is the correct spelling of the name. It is Irish where the name originated.

Funniest spelling of a name I have seen is Daryn for Darren. Though the strangest name that I have seen is

Merlin Dragon-Slayer. (Yes it really is someone's name)

I once had dealings with a certain Tim Hyphen-Hyphen....... Honest !:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here