Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange/Indirect claims to fame.....

I fell for Peter O'Sullivans left wing stepover at the Old Barn Way when he was about 45. Left me for dead and I'd seen him do it at the Goldstone every match for about 10 years.:facepalm:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I've a hat-trick of tenuous Albion related claim to fames:

I went to a house party with Stefen Iovan in the early 90's
I went to junior school in Woodingdean with Ian Chapman
Last year, I was in a queue behind Des Lynam at Eastbourne train station

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Golf Punk
Yes he was the editor of Golf Punk. I really got a lot to thank Rich for, he gave me a step up into the media world when he worked at the Sussex Express
Alas it was not to be the profession for me and I'm out of it now.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I was in the sooty show as an extra and my daughter was in a race against sooty and sweep which she lost... (it took 4 takes to get her to actually lose as she just couldnt understand at age 6 why she would have to lose to a puppet. (shes rather competitive)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Of dubious quality but here goes:

I went to Eastbourne 6th Form college with Sian Williams the BBC tv newsreader

My uncle Brian made News of The World headlines for impersonating the singer Bobby Vee for a whole weekend before being arrested for crashing a car during his getaway when his con was exposed.

My cats great grandfather was one of the first black silver tabby British Shorthairs used in the Whiskas advert.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
1,Helped fit Roger[Queen's Drummer]Taylor's Marble bathroom in 1987 gave me a £50 tip ,i was a 17 year old Apprentice on £41 a week. 2,Used to drink in the same pub and chat a lot to Boris Bransby Williams Cure Drummer 1985 -93. 3,played Dart's a few times against James Wade in his local .

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
New
My photo was on the front and back pages of Sunday's The National newspaper in the UAE along with that of HRH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (V-P and PM of UAE, Monarch of Dubai).

Old
Bono asked me for a light backstage at Wembley Stadium during U2's Zooropa '93 tour. (I didn't have one...)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shook Leslie Crowthers's hand at a village fete when I was four.

I once went to a Super Furry Animals gig with his son Nick. More interestingly he was also once Phil Lynott's brother-in-law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here