Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange fashions

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I just came back from Milan where people look bloody stupid.
At the San Siro, i was sat next to a tiny man with the sharpest suit, a fearful side-parting and a pencil-thin moustache. He was the type that would hide in your suitcase and then attack you with a pair of silver scissors during the night.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Have you ever seen a gentleman of negro pigmentation with a comb in his hair? What the f*** is that all about?

To anyone who tries to say that is racist :salute:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Somwhere to put your comb, I guess? Its normally only people with big afros, and the combs aren't normally the kind to make a mistake and sit down on...

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Meade's_Ball said:
I thought that one rolled up trouser leg was from prison to show that your leg manacle was in place. Only the hardest criminals had manacles.

I'd heard something similar, but that it was to do with the chains put round black slaves' ankles.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
lost in london said:
I'd heard something similar, but that it was to do with the chains put round black slaves' ankles.

Yeah, I presume the rolled up trouser leg has been used to represent both this and a few other things.

Think it must've started with the shackles though.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Commander said:
Have you ever seen a gentleman of negro pigmentation with a comb in his hair? What the f*** is that all about?

To anyone who tries to say that is racist :salute:

eh?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Non-Albion football shirts.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mid-eighties classic. Mullett hairdo, paisley shirt with top button done up.

Let's all go to Busby's...... :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I used to go to Sherrys with my afro hair, oxford bags and a tye and dye T-shirt. And I looked great.(Sorry but I've burned the photos)

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
CrabtreeBHA said:
Was chatting about it last night and this very weird "Fashion" cropped up, the one where you see some some kid walking around with one leg of his tracksuit bottoms rolled upto the knee....whats that all about?!? ???

Maybe they'e members of The Freemasons - they have some weird ideas.:D

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Meade's_Ball said:
I just came back from Milan where people look bloody stupid.
At the San Siro, i was sat next to a tiny man with the sharpest suit, a fearful side-parting and a pencil-thin moustache. He was the type that would hide in your suitcase and then attack you with a pair of silver scissors during the night.

The Paninaro, or something like that, isn't it - the term for the Milan young people with the crap fashion sense

I'm still stuck in the late 1990's fashion wise so I think all modern fashions are nuts.

Shiny clothes made by Starter and skater shoes before they becamse popular with everyone... ah, those were the days. And still are, for me at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here