Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange eviction in the ESU tonight..??

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Drinking beer at football works ok in Czech no problems , although in an away game someone half way up the stand lobbed a half full plastic cup full of lager as a player was approaching taking a corner , he did not see it coming and hit him bang on the nut , superb shot ! Needless to say he just carried on and smirked , no harm done , you imagine that in England he would of gone down , held his head in agony as though he was dying , got the fan arrested then took a month of work getting over the pain. The fan was not even spoke too as the police/stewards are quite tollerent in the Czech .

There were plenty of police with dogs, looking a bit mean, the evening we arrived for the conference in Olomouc in April. Didn't look like they would be overly tolerant.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Anyone know what that eviction in the middle of the East Stand Upper was about tonight? Stewards seemed to have their eye on a largish guy (Appeared to be a brighton fan) for some time before two of them took him by the arms and dragged him out the ground.

Yep, this was about 6 seats away from me. One of the guys (brown coat) stank of alcohol and slept through the whole of the first half. When people were trying to get past him to get out and half time, he was totally oblivious in his deep sleep and people had to pretty much climb over him. One of their group (of 3, it seems) came back with a few pies and gave him a bit of a kick to wake him up. At this point he eventually got up and I assume went out to the loo. When he came back and the second half had started, one of the stewards noticed he was drinking beer from a can and asked him to hand it over. The guy ignored him, and when the steward persisted, the guy next to him in a Brighton jacket took the can, necked the contents and handed it down the row to the stewards.

At this point, the stewards disappeared and were obviously discussing their reaction. They reappeared and asked both guys to leave, and the guy in the brown coat got up and walked out. The other guy who'd necked the contents of the can was obviously ignoring the stewards, and occasionally turning and telling them to do one (though not quite as politely), and that he was watching the game. Eventually, after about 5 minutes of this, stewards managed to get either side of him and forcibly removed him from the seat. Considering he was obviously being a bit of a dick and knew full well what he was doing, I think the stewards handled it pretty well. Not seen them there before, so assume they had borrowed someone else's season ticket.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
There were plenty of police with dogs, looking a bit mean, the evening we arrived for the conference in Olomouc in April. Didn't look like they would be overly tolerant.

:) Yes they do look mean , went there when we played Olomouc a few months ago and there was about 100 riot police in all the clobber , there was flares going off , smoke BOM's chucked in our end , fires started a kitchen broken into and crockery rained down on us , then after the game our lot (Brno) tried to storm the gates to get at their Ultra's and were toe to toe with the Stewards fighting , who were inside the fence . The riot police were outside the fence and didn't do anything. Spoke to an ex police guy in Brno a few days later who i knew and he said they can't get involved until the Stewards ask them too and then sometimes they don't , they are just their to earn their money and don't want to get involved . Different cultural attitude from the police or something i don't know . Sparta Prague away on Sunday , see how that goes ? Be back for Bolton and Bristol City though to a more calmer atmosphere :)

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
Saw Darren Balkham after the game, and Palace aside, he said they had their largest number of ejections (eight) at the Amex last night, all for... bringing in their own booze and drinking in their seats.

Bizarre.

As opposed to bringing their own seats and drinking at the Bazaar.

Great minds think alike obviously. There was a bloke sat accross from me at the Boro game who looked like hed been on the meths all night. He kept disappearing off every 5 minutes all through the game and getting more and more arseholed every time he returned. I should have reported him to PC Balkham I know...but it was funnier just to watch him sitting in the confused laps of the Wivelsfield massive and staggering round the Hassocks crew that inhabit ESL

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
it's true

From what i saw, one guy in the South Stand was ejected about 10 minutes before the end, and to be fair he was acting like a complete tosser, was drunk and shouting abuse at one of the stewards who wasn't even speaking to him! Other than that i saw no other trouble in the South Stand.

Its not hard though is it, you all know what to expect if you dont behave at a match, why act like a complete dick??? Enjoy the football without making a knob of yourself and everyones a winner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here