Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Storm Watch-severe gales forecast tonight in South East

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Any of the resident weather experts on here have an idea of just how bad the winds are going to be tonight ?

Trees were coming down on railway lines last week with minimal winds, so can i look forward to a work from home day tomorrow as a result of further downed trees ?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Just about to start a thread on the same thing. I love a storm. Lots in the papers but I don't believe them. Over to you Papa and the rest of you experts?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
The seaweed hanging outside my back door is wet, so I reckon its been raining. Or the window cleaner's been.

One of those two, definitely.

Hope this helps.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
is it really going to be a storm though, or will it just get a bit windy and rain?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
The seaweed hanging outside my back door is wet, so I reckon its been raining. Or the window cleaner's been.

One of those two, definitely.

Hope this helps.

Thats enough for me, just sent an email to the boss that i wont be able to ge into work and am staying home.

cheers

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Friday looks like an intense and deepening system will track somewhere near our region. The models aren't dealing with it very well, and the exact path will make all the difference, but down here there's a chance of some damaging winds Fri night. Saturday looks cold with a strong NNW wind behind the system BTW.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Friday looks like an intense and deepening system will track somewhere near our region. The models aren't dealing with it very well, and the exact path will make all the difference, but down here there's a chance of some damaging winds Fri night. Saturday looks cold with a strong NNW wind behind the system BTW.

what about tonights forecast of armageddon ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last week I was stranded in Edinburgh an extra night, by the crappy winds, after spending all evening at the airport.

Tomorrow I fly to Oirland, for one night. If I get stuck over there too, I'll be royally pissed off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brighton weather forecast - Met Office

Currently* saying

9pm - winds of 38mph (with gusts 66mph) with heavy rain
Midnight - winds of 42mph (with gusts 75mph) with heavy rain

Thursday night looks similar, too.

(*Met office forecast can change drastically over the course of an hour or two)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here