Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Storm Dennis

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Must be a nightmare for the finances of a lot of golf clubs and it wouldn't surprise if renewal rates fall when subs are due. Just checked my old golf club and they've only had 2 men's stableford comps since the end of October!

Mid Sussex GC hasn't been fully open since October. They've tried to give members a bit of golf now and again by opening a few holes, or bits of holes but the whole place is basically a swamp so even if you can get on the course it's pretty unpleasant. Have played a few times at Waterhall on the other hand and you can walk round there without getting your shoes muddy - shame it's closing at the end of March. Can't imagine how much money they've lost - whether they can afford to refund membership a % or perhaps discount next year on that basis must be doubtful. Dennis, whilst not having the expected wind, dumped what seemed like a massive amount of water - there's nowhere left for it to go now as everything is saturated. It'll take months to properly dry out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shocking , i shall pray for the swift return to bouncy fairways for all you golfers out there , my heart doth bleed .

LOL - fair weather golfer me.....half a dozen games a year (just enough to not be a complete embarrassment on the annual tour). Some of my pals are getting very stressed though :D

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
One of the villages nearby to me was completely cut off , the locals in nearby villages were amazing , some that had them , hitched up their boats drove as close as they could and got about 20 people out who wanted to leave and ferried some grub and single burner gas stoves and fresh water to those that chose to remain this will be the 3rd time in 2 weeks these people have been flooded , not by a river but the continuous flow of rainwater from the mountains down the hillsides into the village , i'm right on the west coast of wales and the sea breached the basic sea defenses 3 times over the past week or so , luckily the tides haven't been that big so we really did get away with it big time so far compared to others close by , mother nature has had enough of the human race i think .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here