Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stories/pics/gossip from the Players Sponsorship Do?

scooter1

How soon is now?
A few things that surprised me about some of the players:
Glenn Murray seemed quite slight, not a great deal of him
Dean Cox is taller in real life, unless he was wearing built up trainers
Seb Carole looks pretty solid
As mentioned before, Brezovan is very tall

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Calderon said he had a trial at Gillingham, but couldnt bare to live there for more than a week. He even did one of these at the thought of having to live there :shootself:
He gets the result of the scan today, thinks he wont be fit for Saturday, but will be OK for the other 2 games. He was completely shocked by his Cult Zeros T Shirt, that he went on their website and ordered some.
I think he was a bit miffed with the concept of a steak and kidney pie too

Carole was nice, still has a big affection for Leeds.

Poyet was brilliant, I had my picture with him, Calderon and Carole, to which Gus said "ahhh all the foreigners in one picture." He is a Chelsea fan still.

Brezovan had a short trial at Everton before joining us too.

I'll put some pics up when I get home from work this evening

Does it seem likely that Calde will sign?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
He said after making his debut in Walsall in the freezing cold, he thought "what have I done" but he loves it here, wants to stay and is very impressed with the new stadium.

Excellent, thank you.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We had a great evening. Gary Dicker is a top bloke and we also had Elliott Bennett on our table. They have nicknamed Inigo Calderon "Jesus" because of his long hair, apparently he also has a problem with parking wardens as keeps getting tickets wherever he parks. They are going karting after training today and Inigo was told he is not allowed to take his car in case he gets clamped.

Apparently Gus Poyet is still a good footballer in training and last week Lua Lua was constantly frustrated by his inability to get past Gus on the pitch!

The players are all being spoken to about the future this week, even those under contract.

When Bresovan was having his picture taken one of the people in the picture was "Thimble keegan" so poor old Bres had to almost get down on his knees because of the height difference!!

Great food and I have to say the "official" picture taken with the player you sponsor was the best yet.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did all the players turn up, even the ones on loan? Any notable absenteeism

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Apparently Gus Poyet is still a good footballer in training and last week Lua Lua was constantly frustrated by his inability to get past Gus on the pitch!

Brilliant! I, for one, would like to see that! I wonder if Gus would be willing to play in FDM's testimonial?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There must be good (great) Spanish and Med restaurants in and around Brighton & Hove. Can we compile list fo Inigo to make him feel more at home (and therefore more likely to stay)?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
My findings were:

Brezovan is ridiculously tall

Dickinson turned up unplanned and decided to sit next to me for the duration of the dinner...With Navarro on his other side who told me that this club is "going places".

The food was good and immensely filling which has lead to a lengthy spell on the bog this morning.

Brez says the club has a bright future and he likes it here.

It appeared that Crofts & Oatway were having a competition to see who could wear a shirt that looked most like a tablecloth...Although I was also a rival in that department.

The DVD of the stadium looked amazing apart from in the elevators there will be pictures of Spurs players!!

One of the waiters/serving staff was Larry Grayson-esque in his campness.

Brez has difficulty understanding what Navarro says because of his Scouse accent.

I was the coolest person there.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Holroyd didn't turn up, even though his sponsor, who lives further away than him did. Apparently he "didn't know anything about the sponsors dinner"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would love it if we played the last game of the season in next years kit, love it. :love:

I certainly missed that one!!!

I will post some photos later folks.

I noticed that there was a complete lack of youth teamers, who were always there when it was up at the racecourse, but I assume that was due to a lack of space rather than anything else.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Obviously players have to be careful what they say to fans etc but it does seem comments from most of them such as this club is 'going places' is surely a good indication of their commitment etc...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
we will be wearing a new kit for the last game of the season.. i even started a thread about it 2 minutes ago before reading this :(

is it possiible to fixtures yourself???

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=173344

Many clubs have done this over the years-I think our excuse had always been that we were not important enough for Errea to be bothered too much about for them to produce our newest shirts until August. At least, that was always the assumption.

That stadium is having a massive effect already on the club, add Poyet to the mix and it's no wonder they want the shirts on show as soon as possible. It should sell well if it is a one season wonder for our last 12 months at Withdean.

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
Had a great night. Sat between Dean Cox & Piers (I don't think you want a pic of that posted!). Dean indicated he will be speaking to Gus in near future, probably this week. Players & staff happy to sign shirts & other stuff as well as have photos taken.

Calderon said he wanted a holiday in Scotland - that won't help his tan!

Good to see great thought given to meal. Steak pie - very healthy for the players.

Charlie Oatway there as well & still on great form.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Superb night.

Was on Table 1 - The Calderon of Flair - with Seb Carole and Inigo Calderon.

All the players (as always) were really happy to sign shirts, photos etc and were all very chatty.

The food was surprisingly good although Serb Carole didn't eat his greens!

I've got two signed shirts here - I'll speak to Bozza about getting the draw for them. I've also got the photo of the NSC reprobates with Seb Carole which I'll scan and post later.

Great evening made even better by The Merry Prankster's tremendous gift of a 1952 programme. Thank you :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here