Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stories/pics/gossip from the Players Sponsorship Do?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Is Gillingham a nice place to live?

The NSC four were allocated seats at the table graced by Messrs Carole and Calderon and the SUPERSTAR that is Mr Mendoza. The players were clearly baffled by English cuisine. And I could see their point. Carole has just about got used to it, but Calderon is obviously missing his olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The players were all excellent ambassadors for the club so far as I could see. FDM was excellent company. Oh, and table 10 won the quiz :angel:

Interviews with Ken Brown, Gus and Martin Perry by a fat lad with a mullet off the radio.

There was a video shown of the '1901 Club'. Looked suitably futuristic, like a departure lounge for space tourists or something. The corporates are going to love it.

Top nosh also :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Marcos Painter was one of the nicest blokes I've ever met and he's very keen to stay. I'm afraid I've got meetings all day today, so all the goss and photos will have to wait until tomorrow. It was, though, a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crofty is totally a Brighton player, loves it here, he will be immense for us in the coming seasons.
Colin Hawkins is an absolutely cracking bloke, really cheesed off that his torn achiles was not detected until he had damaged it even more. Just had his second little 'un and is hoping Gus will let him do "pre-season" with the club so as he can get fit and hopefully find a club for next season. He is also up for playing in the REMF golf day and is going to try and get a 4 ball together of players if possible.
Brezovan is too tall.
Mendoza is...... oh, wait, he's not a player (Albion)

Oh, and something about a new shirt for the 8th of may, but I might have been dreaming that :)

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
It was a good night. Great to meet a few NSC'rs and a nice surprise to be sharing a table with the mighty Inigo. Fingers crossed he'll sign in the summer, but he wasn't giving anything away last night.
Despite recent reports, the food was both plentiful, hot and tasty.

Half felt sorry for Dean Cox who was being stalked by 2 14 year olds that were on his table, but then the other half of me thinks he secretly enjoyed it. I heard rumblings that he's been told he'll not be retained next year, and to go and find another club

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Calderon said he had a trial at Gillingham, but couldnt bare to live there for more than a week. He even did one of these at the thought of having to live there :shootself:
He gets the result of the scan today, thinks he wont be fit for Saturday, but will be OK for the other 2 games. He was completely shocked by his Cult Zeros T Shirt, that he went on their website and ordered some.
I think he was a bit miffed with the concept of a steak and kidney pie too

Carole was nice, still has a big affection for Leeds.

Poyet was brilliant, I had my picture with him, Calderon and Carole, to which Gus said "ahhh all the foreigners in one picture." He is a Chelsea fan still.

Brezovan had a short trial at Everton before joining us too.

I'll put some pics up when I get home from work this evening

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crofty also accuses his wife of loving their 2 cats more than she loves him. This is something I have sympathy with as I am sure Superwife loves our two cats more than me sometimes.
He is also going to move to Sussex over the summer from his place in Kent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here