Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop the war protest

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Me and my wife have just come back from brighton and im ashamed to be british...oh no, not with the protest going on but the amount of police everywhere, totally obscene and ott if you ask me..i mean as i tax payer im appalled that my money is wasted in such way...helicopters, horses, dogs and as many police and cars/wagons as you like..total shambles...for what ?? about 500 mostly peaceful protesters (who do have the right to protest)...shameful...and before people start slagging all the protesters off as being the unkept unwashed brigade, well from what we saw there were many decent working class people among the crowd, familys, old people, all sorts, and lot prob got decent jobs...and have you all stopped to think what the they are protesting about ?? an arms factorty in brighton making parts used to kill innocent people...im not anti police or protester myself, but all too often people are quick to condem such action without really thinking about what the protest is all about...and who should be footing the bill for all the policing ??? in my view the edo factory itself not tax payer ...:thumbsup:

10 pages?

Those protesters weren't very "peaceful" when I saw them earlier matey, downright troublemaking - rocking the vans, instigating riotous activity and generally buggering about and blocking London Rd noisily.

The stupid thing is, that they alienate most people, and end up preaching only to their own lot! That don't exactly spread the word now, does it?

Wankers, unwashed, unruly, and ineffective wastes of police time and wages. :wozza:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Brilliant, lets close the factory -somehwere which provides jobs to locals and contributes to the econony-. If the components they make arent made there they will be made somewhere. People will still be affected by the weapons, it wont solve the problem

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ashamed to be British, I can think of a few reasons why somebody might say that, but if that's yours, well good Lord you are sensitive aren't you
:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cops should've shot the f***ing hippies IMO

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yep..fully entilted to my opinion !!

You've been arrested before, haven't you? Let me guess: it was all a fit-up by the filth, right?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

absolute crap. Don't bother coming to Brighton next Bank Holiday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lots of scum in amongst them no doubt too !

I think you will find that EDO have as much right to protection from violent protestors as any other person or business, I'm sure they pay enough in VAT and taxes in order to deserve that protection.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Sorry, what war is it we're supposed to be stopping again?

enough of em going on around the world..how many have our boys lifes have been lost in a completely pointless and obscene costly war in afghanistan/iraq !!! where you been for the last few yrs ?? in hibernation or you just acting dumb like so many do on nsc !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
enough of em going on around the world..how many have our boys lifes have been lost in a completely pointless and obscene costly war in afghanistan/iraq !!!

Not so much wars as invasions really :shrug:

There were ONE MILLION people on the streets of London protesting against the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq before B.Liar 'delivered' the UK to the coalition. Doubt a few crusties in Preston Park will have any deep and meaningful impact on events. Or any impact at all really.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Ashamed to be British, I can think of a few reasons why somebody might say that, but if that's yours, well good Lord you are sensitive aren't you
:lolol:

what i was getting at is that any other time of the day night whatever ..you never see a copper in sight on the streets, yet get a protest and they all come out the woodwork in droves... where are they when you been burgled etc etc...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here