Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Stop the boats

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Braverman and Sunak themselves ...??...check them out , where are their loyalties ??, do they have the countries interests at heart ....??i would say 100 % not.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
are you f***ing serious , what the f*** has 60 year old concrete got to do with todays migrant crisis.

Well yes this was pretty much the point I was making

You went from 'war fleeing pricks' to banging on about concrete falling down in schools.

Reading your posts is often very similar to trying to follow a conversation at 7am after a night out at Stern's in the early 90s.

I have this strange urge to listen to the Happy Monday and have a good read of the lyrics.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well yes this was pretty much the point I was making

You went from 'war fleeing pricks' to banging on about concrete falling down in schools.

Reading your posts is often very similar to trying to follow a conversation at 7am after a night out at Stern's in the early 90s.

I have this strange urge to listen to the Happy Monday and have a good read of the lyrics.
fair play , i'd go with that .....the financial drain on the UK must be immense , i'm not sure how anyone in their right minds thinks it can go on ad infinitum....it can't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
fair play , i'd go with that .....the financial drain on the UK must be immense , i'm not sure how anyone in their right minds thinks it can go on ad infinitum....it can't.

£3b a year according to this. I wonder what the opposition are offering as an alternative to the shit show that have used the situation as an expensive political tool for the last 13 years.

Still as I said it may well work again and the hard of thinking may vote them in again.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
i'm always intrigued about how selective people are about the financial drain. If you highlight Migrants in hotels for instance, there's uproar but spending billions on the Rwanda plan, (not one single person sent) - tumbleweed. and now the barge we bought, costing us millions, sitting empty (not one single person on it) - again, where's the uproar?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i'm always intrigued about how selective people are about the financial drain. If you highlight Migrants in hotels for instance, there's uproar but spending billions on the Rwanda plan, (not one single person sent) - tumbleweed. and now the barge we bought, costing us millions, sitting empty (not one single person on it) - again, where's the uproar?

The answer is surely to open the routes and process people quickly and efficiently. Preserving people's dignity and inviting them to work and make a life for themselves contributing to the economy and society.

The Tories and the parts of society that but in to their narrative are a long way from this kind of thinking. "War fleeing pricks" is a case in point. This and other negative rhetoric are causing so much damage to any progress.

But surely this is a goal worth working towards.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

in what world does that vessel cost a billion pound .??...you'll have no argument from me that the government is anything other that useless , currently western governments are rinsing public purses in broad day light whilst the populous buries its senses in strictly , love island , 8 out of 10 and great british bake off ...over here it's a different crop of programmes but equally vacuous .....the worst thing about my brush with cancer was being force do watch terrestrial tv whilst waiting for appointments /procedures , Msm makes a mockery of basic human intelligence.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The answer is surely to open the routes and process people quickly and efficiently. Preserving people's dignity and inviting them to work and make a life for themselves contributing to the economy and society.

The Tories and the parts of society that but in to their narrative are a long way from this kind of thinking. "War fleeing pricks" is a case in point. This and other negative rhetoric are causing so much damage to any progress.

thats easy for you to say living in rural victoria mate ffs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The thing I don't understand a couple of very simple statistics makes it clear what this Government have done.

They stopped allowing asylum claims from people whilst abroad in 2011, forcing people to actually come to the UK in order to claim, and then shut down all legal channels of coming to the UK forcing people to cross the channel in small boats. The resulting numbers crossing the channel in small boats ?

2018 - 299
2019 - 1,890
2020 - 8,466
2021 - 28,526
2022 - 45,755
(Numbers weren't recorded prior to 2018 as the government thought them inconsequential).

If you then withdraw resources in order to increase processing times for asylum seekers then this is what you will do to the backlog

2012 - 9,800
2018 - 27,000
2022 - 161,000

So this current situation is either deliberate Government policy or incompetence on a level even this cabal would find challenging.

It really is so simple that I can only think that people on here still spouting the Government line aren't doing it for any logical reason but that it simply backs up their own deeply held bigotry :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
thats easy for you to say living in rural victoria mate ffs.
I don't. I did, and when I did there was scheme to bring refugees to the area to assist with the labour shortage in farming communities. We were involved in this and it worked quite well. As a teacher I assisted many of them in learning English.

But what has my location got to do with any of this discussion? Of course my experiences have shaped by opinions on this topic but then so have everyone elses. Just like I don't know yours you don't know mine either.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The thing I don't understand a couple of very simple statistics makes it clear what this Government have done.

They stopped allowing asylum claims from people whilst abroad in 2011, forcing people to actually come to the UK in order to claim, and then shut down all legal channels of coming to the UK forcing people to cross the channel in small boats. The resulting numbers crossing the channel in small boats ?

2018 - 299
2019 - 1,890
2020 - 8,466
2021 - 28,526
2022 - 45,755
(Numbers weren't recorded prior to 2018 as the government thought them inconsequential).

If you then withdraw resources in order to increase processing times for asylum seekers then this is what you will do to the backlog

2012 - 9,800
2018 - 27,000
2022 - 161,000

So this current situation is either deliberate Government policy or incompetence on a level even this cabal would find challenging.

It really is so simple that I can only think that people on here still spouting the Government line aren't doing it for any logical reason but that it simply backs up their own deeply held bigotry :shrug:
It's a proven vote winner for the Tories so I am going to deliberate. Very expensive and deliberate.

It works though, add in the rhetoric from the right wing media and you end up with views like 'war fleeing pricks' and people believing that the Tories are the only ones that can fix the mess.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't. I did, and when I did there was scheme to bring refugees to the area to assist with the labour shortage in farming communities. We were involved in this and it worked quite well. As a teacher I assisted many of them in learning English.

But what has my location got to do with any of this discussion? Of course my experiences have shaped by opinions on this topic but then so have everyone elses. Just like I don't know yours you don't know mine either.
because neither of us are in the UK or Eire in the towns and villages being changed forever by hundreds of middle eastern and african men taking the gaff over , being generally intimidating , belligerent and demanding of local services to the huge detriment of the existing inhabitants who in a lot of cases have worked and paid taxes all their lives in the until recently held belief that they would be provided for by the system that they had been contributing to throughout their working life......its a bloody shit show all round , i am aware of the migrant programme in the NSW VIC border country Albury Woodonga etc but those people are genuinely grateful to be there.....a lot of the buggers going to the UK are there for different reasons and its plain to a large proportion of the population that the situation is now pretty much irretrievable , the country has changed permanently and the calibre of political decision making has plummeted drastically.......f*** knows what the country will be like in 10 years.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
because neither of us are in the UK or Eire in the towns and villages being changed forever by hundreds of middle eastern and african men taking the gaff over , being generally intimidating , belligerent and demanding of local services to the huge detriment of the existing inhabitants who in a lot of cases have worked and paid taxes all their lives in the until recently held belief that they would be provided for by the system that they had been contributing to throughout their working life......its a bloody shit show all round , i am aware of the migrant programme in the NSW VIC border country Albury Woodonga etc but those people are genuinely grateful to be there.....a lot of the buggers going to the UK are there for different reasons and its plain to a large proportion of the population that the situation is now pretty
much irretrievable , the country has changed permanently and the calibre of political decision making has plummeted drastically.......f*** knows what the country will be like in 10 years.

I am never convinced by this argument of asylum seekers and refugees banding together to take over towns.

Point to a town where brown and black people are bleeding dry the local services and I will point to the fact that those services have been consistently underfunded.

Other than that you are accusing them of being 'intimidating and belligerent'. Which may possibly be a personal thing.

You are also going to need to provide evidence that those brown and black people are the asylum seekers/refugees we are discussing for your argument to stand up. Otherwise it comes across as you just not liking brown and black people.

As for the ones that are there for your vaguely mentioned 'different reasons'. Surely the best way to deal with this is to process them promptly as I suggested?

I stand by my suggestion that the best way forward is to process the asylum seekers quickly and give the genuine ones the opportunity to contribute to society.

Agree with the thought about political decisions though. The UK electorate need to vote for better decisions. The first step is to stop buying into the Tory rhetoric and demonising them. 'war fleeing pricks'

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I am never convinced by this argument of asylum seekers and refugees banding together to take over towns.

Point to a town where brown and black people are bleeding dry the local services and I will point to the fact that those services have been consistently underfunded.

Other than that you are accusing them of being 'intimidating and belligerent'. Which may possibly be a personal thing.

You are also going to need to provide evidence that those brown and black people are the asylum seekers/refugees we are discussing for your argument to stand up. Otherwise it comes across as you just not liking brown and black people.

As for the ones that are there for your vaguely mentioned 'different reasons'. Surely the best way to deal with this is to process them promptly as I suggested?

I stand by my suggestion that the best way forward is to process the asylum seekers quickly and give the genuine ones the opportunity to contribute to society.

Agree with the thought about political decisions though. The UK electorate need to vote for better decisions. The first step is to stop buying into the Tory rhetoric and demonising them. 'war fleeing pricks'
there is mountains of footage on social media of problems in Ireland and the Uk ....in Sweden , Denmark, Spain and France of migrants misbehaving and causing problems , to say that i don't like black or brown people is frankly incorrect , presumptuous and ridiculous ....i despise Sunak , i also despise Hancock and Rees -Mogg.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there is mountains of footage on social media of problems in Ireland and the Uk ....in Sweden , Denmark, Spain and France of migrants misbehaving and causing problems , to say that i don't like black or brown people is frankly incorrect , presumptuous and ridiculous ....i despise Sunak , i also despise Hancock and Rees -Mogg. I don't need to convince you , you have not been affected by it , like i said give it 10 years.....see where we are then.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
there is mountains of footage on social media of problems in Ireland and the Uk ....in Sweden , Denmark, Spain and France of migrants misbehaving and causing problems , to say that i don't like black or brown people is frankly incorrect , presumptuous and ridiculous ....i despise Sunak , i also despise Hancock and Rees -Mogg.

I find it is very difficult to tell if those people are asylum seekers, refugees, other kinds of migrants or people born in the country. How on earth can you tell the difference and pick out the asylum seekers/refugees that we are discussing here?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I find it is very difficult to tell if those people are asylum seekers, refugees, other kinds of migrants or people born in the country. How on earth can you tell the difference and pick out the asylum seekers/refugees that we are discussing here?
how are small towns like Killarney suddenly full of Africans ...?? are you being deliberately obtuse...?? anyway suns out , bets on , im off out for the afternoon.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
how are small towns like Killarney suddenly full of Africans ...?? are you being deliberately obtuse...?? anyway suns out , bets on , im off out for the afternoon.
No I'm not being obtuse at all. You have made claims that asylum seekers and refugees have been causing trouble and intimidating people in various places in Europe and I am asking how you know that they are asylum seekers and refugees and not either other kinds of migrants or people born in that country.

From what I see it is not possible to tell what is happening in those videos let alone know the background of the people involved.

Like I said before I think it is important not to demonise people seeking help and this particular rhetoric that you have not only bought into but are also spreading does exactly that.

So my question remains, how do you tell that the people in your videos are the asylum seekers and refugees that we are discussing on this thread?

So we are not talking at cross purposes maybe you could post your best example of refugees running amok and show me how you can tell they are refugees?

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
How come places like Sydney are suddenly full of Brits?

Maybe what the Africans are doing wrong is not going the whole hog, i.e. take over Ireland completely put their flag in it, declare it African, impoverish and cast the indigenous people to the outer areas, and then and as time goes by the rest of world pretends it was always African. Maybe then they'll win your respect?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your post made me think.....

Legal employment.....

But we could map people to work so much more easily if we killed off the black economy. I recall 13 years ago spending time in Haringay. Each morning there would be a group of scruffy blokes of East European extraction waiting at a street corner. I took my time one morning to observe. A van pulled up and they all jumped in. It looked like a 'building' enterprise. What are the prospects this was legal?

Nobody can function off the grid in the UK unless they are being paid illegally to work illegally. I was able to watch all this without bother day after day. But where were the old bill?

And then we have the gang of more than 200 Albanians running cup and ball scams on Westminster bridge. Month after month.

Why spend billions on stunts like the barge and Rwanda when much less money could be spent on the criminal end of the process that makes the risk to get to the UK so worthwhile?

Because it doesn't suit the tories to deal with the problem. And in any case paying a foreigner cash in hand to get the swimming pool cleaned is so moreish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here