Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop slagging the team!!

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Yeah Family stand is ok, apart from a real prat who sits on the right hand side about 10 rows down from the top, who just moans the whole game, even if we are 4-0 up, he moans, he does our heads in every game, even the kids get annoyed with him. If you are reading this mate, short hair about 40, always got his ears phones on, probably keeping up with Manure score !

Please shut up and support your team, you are a big joke mate.....

Yeah Family stand is ok, apart from a real prat who sits on the right hand side about 10 rows down from the top, who just moans the whole game, even if we are 4-0 up, he moans, he does our heads in every game, even the kids get annoyed with him. If you are reading this mate, short hair about 40, always got his ears phones on, probably keeping up with Manure score !

yep fall in line mate! looks like we got to all toe the party line from now commrades:wrong:

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I was sat up at the back of E-Block, which seems to have more than it's fair share of OAPs. Still, the couple next to me did wind me up throughout the game with their constant criticisms. Right from the goal in the 3rd minute ("Oh no. Oh no oh no." and "sshiiiiiiit.. shiiiiiiiiiiiittt" when Carlisle happened to cross the halfway line with the ball. Not something I'd be expecting from the mouth of someone well into his 60s.

And his wife, when Carlisle scored to make it 3-3, was criticising Gus for making too many changes. "We were doing fine! Why does he have to go and change it around?" (this was following the Barnes/Sandaza change). She then followed it up with "Gus will have to take the rap for this one. He shouldn't be making unnecessary changes. He'll have to take the rap for it.".

I did laugh when we scored a minute later.

Seriously, although the comments weren't loud, they were just constantly negative - and generally repeated 3 or 4 times in case people around hadn't heard the first time.

Since I just buy seats online for the odd game I can make it to, where is a decent block to sit to avoid constant negativity and also have a decent view?

Your experiences mirror mine at Milton Keynes the other Saturday. I had the misfortune of sitting in front of a mature couple almost willing Brighton to make mistakes, from the FIRST minute, so they could utter their misguided, unnecessary displeasure. Unfortunately, they were not alone in their grievances. It was grim.

Now in the last decade, I have been to Huddersfield where we lost 7-1, and Reading where we were defeated 5-1, but on those days, I can't remember hearing the dross currently rotting parts of the Albion faithful.

I learnt that Withdean was a sell-out on Saturday. Now that is brilliant, but where have these 'fans' come from, and why now?

Life at the Albion presently is sweet, and people want to be part of that success. Would-be armchair Premiership followers based in the Brighton conurbation have wanted to have a slice of the Albion cake. I would be very surprised if the moaners followed Brighton during the Gillingham days.

This is an unfortunate side effect of success. It will be interesting to see how our attendances fare once the honeymoon is over in 2/3 seasons time should we not reach/be in the Premier League.

Like at the 5-1 Reading defeat, instead of us shouting, 'Where were you when you were shit?' It will come the other way next season.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

Why don't you tell him yourself, there and then, instead of the vain hope he might be on here..........and no, it's not me ! So typical of whingers.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was sat up at the back of E-Block, which seems to have more than it's fair share of OAPs. Still, the couple next to me did wind me up throughout the game with their constant criticisms. Right from the goal in the 3rd minute ("Oh no. Oh no oh no." and "sshiiiiiiit.. shiiiiiiiiiiiittt" when Carlisle happened to cross the halfway line with the ball. Not something I'd be expecting from the mouth of someone well into his 60s.

And his wife, when Carlisle scored to make it 3-3, was criticising Gus for making too many changes. "We were doing fine! Why does he have to go and change it around?" (this was following the Barnes/Sandaza change). She then followed it up with "Gus will have to take the rap for this one. He shouldn't be making unnecessary changes. He'll have to take the rap for it.".

I did laugh when we scored a minute later.

Seriously, although the comments weren't loud, they were just constantly negative - and generally repeated 3 or 4 times in case people around hadn't heard the first time.

Since I just buy seats online for the odd game I can make it to, where is a decent block to sit to avoid constant negativity and also have a decent view?

They're called "Grumpy old bastards" you meet them in all walks of life. Nothing exists except to moan about.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The GOB (Grumpy Old Bastard) behind me on Saturday when Carlisle made it 3-3:

"no no no no NO Albion. You CANNOT keep on throwing these points away at home. Bournemouth, Rochdale, Bristol, now these....."

P16 W12 D4 L0, and its STILL not good enough for some of these twits. I did think about turning round and setting him straight, but in my mood at that very moment it would have been a highly unpleasant exchange, and as he's old and stupid I just left it. It IS exasperating though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

"no no no no NO Albion. You CANNOT keep on throwing these points away at home. Bournemouth, Rochdale, Bristol, now these....."

P16 W12 D4 L0, and its STILL not good enough for some of these twits. I did think about turning round and setting him straight, but in my mood at that very moment it would have been a highly unpleasant exchange, and as he's old and stupid I just left it. It IS exasperating though.

So we should have won all 16! Nothing like setting high standards I suppose.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Next thing I saw was Gus fuming and shouting "You f**cking Pr**k towards whoever it was.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, Did Gus really do this?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What a f***ing COCK.

Albion have dropped fewer points at home ALL SEASON than Southampton managed to drop in their first FOUR home games!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a f***ing COCK.

Albion have dropped fewer points at home ALL SEASON than Southampton managed to drop in their first FOUR home games!

Mental innit.
Sadly this bloke brings his young grandson along to every game (I assume its his grandson), so this kiddy is being schooled to expect, nay DEMAND nothing but outright perfection in every home performance and result. The kids going to be a wreck when we actually start LOSING some games at home, I'm not sure how he'll cope.

Well, he'll whine like a little BITCH I suppose. We are actually breeding them.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Following on the home form theme... I did notice today that only us and Manchester United have unbeaten home records in the English professional game this season, extending down as far as Conference North/South.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Why dont these pricks just f*** off home and take it out on the wife or dog or something.

Dumbest post on here for a long time, even if meant in jest.

Would whoever the mindless PR**ks who keeping having a go at the team or Gus please stop. I didnt hear the exact content but Carlisle had just equalised to make it 2 all and somebody shouted some negative shite towards the dugout.
Next thing I saw was Gus fuming and shouting "You f**cking Pr**k towards whoever it was.
We put this on here nearly every week........But do these people not think.
We are top of the league, (better than we all had expected)!
If we concede a goal.......Do you not think the players/management feel shite too! Do you not think in your tiny mind that Gus may one day think "why am I bothering"!
For the umpteenth time Shut the f**k up.
If you want to see what you may think is "perfect football" then piss off to the Nou Camp and take your negative attitude with you!:angry:

People pay their money. they are entitled to have their say. Just as entitled as you in fact.

Never been a moaner at games,can't see the point but can't see why people can't shout what they like! ok if its offfensive thats another matter,but as Stalin said of Churchill " i don't agree with what he says! but by god i defend his right to say it":smokin:

You sure about that?????? Stalin, belives in freedom of speech????

That would be Stalin , who had sent 1.6 million people to their deaths in gulags from 1929-53. Most of whom tended to disagree with him.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (atrib Voltaire).
Though these words are regularly attributed to Voltaire, they were first used by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, writing under the pseudonym of Stephen G Tallentyre in The Friends of Voltaire (1906), as a summation of Voltaire's beliefs on freedom of thought and expression.
Another possible source for the quote was proposed by Norbert Guterman, editor of "A Book of French Quotations," who noted a letter to M. le Riche (February 6, 1770) in which Voltaire is quoted as saying: "Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write" ("Monsieur l'abbé, je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire"). This remark, however, does not appear in the letter.

You sure about that?????? Stalin, belives in freedom of speech????

That would be Stalin , who had sent 1.6 million people to their deaths in gulags from 1929-53. Most of whom tended to disagree with him.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (atrib Voltaire).
Though these words are regularly attributed to Voltaire, they were first used by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, writing under the pseudonym of Stephen G Tallentyre in The Friends of Voltaire (1906), as a summation of Voltaire's beliefs on freedom of thought and expression.
Another possible source for the quote was proposed by Norbert Guterman, editor of "A Book of French Quotations," who noted a letter to M. le Riche (February 6, 1770) in which Voltaire is quoted as saying: "Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write" ("Monsieur l'abbé, je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire"). This remark, however, does not appear in the letter.
:facepalm:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
As WW says, we are not alone. Do you all think every Arsenal supporter is fully behind Wenger and doesn't get frustrated when they don't shoot when in range rather than pass. Is Fergie immune to criticism from his some of his own fans. How dull would a forum be if everyone agreed! I sit in D block near the back and there is an old duffer near me who is continually calling for them to 'get it forward quick' and we just smile and laugh.

As for Gus getting annoyed, I suspect that is more frustration than anything. If it's not and he thinks he can be a manager of a team and be universally loved then he is probably in the wrong career!

That is indeed the case. I know a few Arsenal fans and I know for a fact that at the Ipswich v Arsenal first leg Carling Cup Semi final, Arsenal fans were fighting amongst themselves (it was in the papers too) because there was a lot of Wenger out etc. chanting and the pro Wenger brigade did not like this. You would be surprised but there are quite a few Arsenal fans whom want Wenger out!

But I do agree with you I can remember being at the Bournemouth away game and there was a 60+yr couple behind me and all they did all game long was moan about the team (when it was 0-0 too and the players need the away support) criticising poor (in their eyes) individual performances and Gus (for not starting Murray). Not one single positive comment came out of their mouths all the time, jeez I'd hate to know what they thought if were were fighting relegation.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look people are just WORRIED that we may not be able to keep up with Southampton and who can blame them.

After all they play the best football
Have the best stadium
Have the best team
Have the best players
etc

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Dumbest post on here for a long time, even if meant in jest.

Clearly it was in jest. After reading "on here" for a long time thats one hell of accolade, cheers!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here