Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STOP PANICKING you bunch of whiny tosspots

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
HampshireSeagull said:
We are not top of the league. Ok, as it stands we are in 1st position, but there are three teams that will jump above us by winning their games in hand. So we're pretty much fourth in the table...

Points in hand are always better than games in hand.

Things will look brighter at the weekend

Keep the faith

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Top stuff in the first post.

Let's face it, the only major difference since when we won div two last time is the loss of Bobby Z and Brooker... Funnily enough, since Leon's arrival it's probably Brooker we miss most because it's hard for our lads to stretch out games like he could.

On the positive side, we've got several good youngsters getting a look-in now.

I even think that Bobby's sale may have helped us long-term. Because he was so good we were far too reliant on him. We won't walk this division but we've got a good basis of a team, and once it all comes together we're be much better set-up for sustainable success.

I am all for full-on never-say-die support, but something bothers me underlined by these results. It's not necessarily Bob Booker that is at fault, but how come those "same players that got us top of the division" suddenly play like men disposessed when the main manager walks out ?
I cannot believe Copple was so unbelievably lovable and charismatic for these laddies wearing the Albion colours, and suddenly the floor has dropped out for them now that 'daddy copout' has been gathered up in the strong arms of Madejski ?!

READING LOST AT HOME TODAY i will enjoy pointing out, and I hope that our players aren't mooning about sobbing that they wanna be with Stevie, that their glorious leader is missing and all is gone from their worlds. bollocks to that, the players should show a distinct strength of character and rise above that, and at least make a game of it for the fans and club - and for their own personal careers. It makes the captain of the team look bad as well, as leadership on the pitch is down to him.

Apparently we do need to fill the vacancy, but character is the key word here - ok, yes, the fans need to show it, but the players lead by example .

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Totally agree with Easy 10 about the Hero to Zero mentallity of some of the fans there last night, although personally I thought that was the worst performance regardless of league status for 5 or so years.

I feel more anger towards certain experienced profesionals (such as Nathan Jones) who are letting the side down on a weekly basis, pretty much because they appear to be turning up on the basis that they have a god given right to be in the side.

We do have promising youngsters coming through, so now is as good a time as any to give them a chance, I think both Piercy and Beck should be given more of a chance to start games as they both seem hungry to get involved and have gained some valuble experience over the past few months, and quite frankly its about time that certain first team regulars were given a reminder that their place in the starting 11 should not be a forgone conclusion.

It's normally me making these posts but last night was woeful. It highlights one thing to me - Booker is not a manager. Why Piercy and not Harding? Why have the same team as Coppell picked had one good half out of 8 under Booker.

The truth is we've had our 2 worst games against 2 teams who had their best games. If it convinces Knight to look away from Booker, it may not have been in vain.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
, although personally I thought that was the worst performance regardless of league status for 5 or so years.

Are you sure? I am sure I heard all these same sentiments from people exactly a year ago after the game at Selhurst

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Easy 10 is spot on. It's not really suprising that players are off their game with all thats gone on withe the managers position. The players don't know what their future is at the moment, it's asking a lot for them to be world beaters when they could find themselves out of favour with the new boss.

The shame is players performance has probably cost BB the chance of the managers job. Booker has been a good servant to this club and has played a major part in past success. It would be a crying shame to lose him. The people on SCR slagging him off were totally out of order.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yorkie said:
Are you sure? I am sure I heard all these same sentiments from people exactly a year ago after the game at Selhurst
Yes I think so for these reasons.

I cannot remember a game when we looked so inept against average opposition, had almost zero attacking play and generally looked completely out of our depth.

As much as I hate palace they at least played some decent football against us, Brentford were poor, so what does that make us ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought Brentford looked decent enough, to be fair. How much of that was down to us giving them the ball all the time I don't know, but their two central defenders were absolute class, and their wingers and strikers tore us apart.

What is at least slightly amusing is that, despite two performances and results which were, lets face it, utter toss, nobody has yet bothered to take advantage. Plymouth might win tonight and take over, but frankly I can live with that for now. everyone around us keeps beating each other, leaving us with a bit of room to have a poor run. Let's just hope we stop it on Saturday, which I'm sure we will.

Ever the optimist.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
I thought Brentford looked decent enough, to be fair. How much of that was down to us giving them the ball all the time I don't know, but their two central defenders were absolute class, and their wingers and strikers tore us apart.

What is at least slightly amusing is that, despite two performances and results which were, lets face it, utter toss, nobody has yet bothered to take advantage. Plymouth might win tonight and take over, but frankly I can live with that for now. everyone around us keeps beating each other, leaving us with a bit of room to have a poor run. Let's just hope we stop it on Saturday, which I'm sure we will.

Ever the optimist.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I said stuff like this after the Colchester game and got a load of abuse. Dave the Gaffer had a jibe at me last night (Dave, I don't believe I said we were good at Colchester, My point at the time was the over reaction).

Last night was the first time this season I felt we've really been done over. I was gutted. However we do have a good side capable of promotion. Why oh why people have to single out a player for abuse I don't know. Its really pisses me off.

Watson. People were saying how we need him back last night!

Watson, Rodger, Mayo, Roberts, Jones, McPhee etc all had abuse. No need for it. Not helpful. :nono:

larus

Relax all.

I remember Manure getting tonked 5-0 by Newcastle a few years back. These things happen from time to time. We'll get over it.

OK, we lost to Bournemouth 1-0, but they're top six now, so that's not a disasterous result is it?

What I don't want to happen is for this to become a habbit. I just hope that we appoint a manager soon, and we get some stability.

Yorkie. I think we should all have a whip round and make sure you get to all of the games. Sounds like you're our lucky charm (as well as the voice of reason :) ).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Thanks larus.

I'll be there on Saturday and at the Posh game so you can all relax now :lolol:

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
superb, it's just history repeating, i like bob but not as a manager, lets not make that mistake again, so this might be a blessing in diguise

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It is 24hrs now and I have calmed down!! We were all fed up after seeing two bad performances in a row.This is what this board is for is to express views. I don't know why we are not playing well as a team, they know they have let themselves and Bob down. Saturday is another game and hopefully we will play much better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Selhurst was the pits and there were several posts saying after that "I am calm" etc I accept relegation.

I said the fect I do - we draw a big line under this and say that's enough - now play.

We are struggling I think because the players are in a very uncertain climate with no manager. Therefore the worry is there for what happens when a new one takes over.

Solution - appoint one immediately and then get back where we were.

Not rocket fuel science this, come on DK get a manager sorted ASAP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here