Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke Parking

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A mate suggested we used that for Wembley. Great idea until you get back after the game and find the owner has sold two spaces and we are blocked in. Hour wait until the others return!!!!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
A mate suggested we used that for Wembley. Great idea until you get back after the game and find the owner has sold two spaces and we are blocked in. Hour wait until the others return!!!!

Bit of a shitter! It can be hit and miss I guess but its an option particularly in towns where the locals and criminals take a dislike to away fans cars. You do have to get in early though as its obviously getting more popular now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
While we're on the subject of driving, a debate ensued amongst the punters of our sunshine coach in the pub, with regard to the best route to take to Stoke.

Anyone got any wise words to offer on this subject? The AA, and logic, obviously says go up the M40/M6 but there seems to be a school of thought suggesting the M1 and then cutting across the A50 from round about Derby area.

Last time I went up the M1 there was still loads of 50mph limits with average speed cameras so it was a proper drag. Then again the M6 can be a right pain in the arse at the best of times. Should we just stick with the M40/M6 and give a big cheery "One Team In Sussex" wave to all the Crawley day trippers en route, or break with tradition and use the M1? Advice gratefully received (well, by the Large One anyway, personally I plan to be half asleep in the back with some tasty refreshments).

Gracias!

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
While we're on the subject of driving, a debate ensued amongst the punters of our sunshine coach in the pub, with regard to the best route to take to Stoke.

Anyone got any wise words to offer on this subject? The AA, and logic, obviously says go up the M40/M6 but there seems to be a school of thought suggesting the M1 and then cutting across the A50 from round about Derby area.

Last time I went up the M1 there was still loads of 50mph limits with average speed cameras so it was a proper drag. Then again the M6 can be a right pain in the arse at the best of times. Should we just stick with the M40/M6 and give a big cheery "One Team In Sussex" wave to all the Crawley day trippers en route, or break with tradition and use the M1? Advice gratefully received (well, by the Large One anyway, personally I plan to be half asleep in the back with some tasty refreshments).

Gracias!

I used to work for a company based on the industrial estate by the ground. I always used the M40/M6. As you say, the M6 can be a pain, but the M1 is a nightmare. At least you get a great run on the M40, and even the M6 might not be too bad on a Satuarday (probably will be worse than normal now!!)

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
From the Internet Football guide......

Justin Herriman informs me; 'There are 300 parking spaces available (weekend matches only) at the Screwfix direct site on Stanley Matthews Way. The Screwfix direct site is based 1 mile from the ground and allows quicker access back onto the A50 after the game has ended. The cost for parking is £4 per car (no mini buses). If arriving from the M6, follow signs to the Britannia Stadium on the A50. Continue past the stadium for approx 1 mile and the Screwfix site is on the left. The post code for SatNav's is ST4 8GR.'

Andy Fenwick a visiting Sunderland fan adds; 'Don't be tempted to park on wasteland around the stadium, you may well end up as I did with a parking ticket waiting for you on your return'.

Last time I went I parked in the South Car Park and took me about hour and a half to get out. Think it might be the train this time!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I feel like I've done the M1 many times already this season so would be grateful for any excuse not to pass the Twin Towers of Dunstable yet again, I must admit.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sorry, does "not an option for us" mean first come first serve, or not available. Had a look at the stadium on Google maps, and doesn't look like the biggest car park once coaches are in?

I phoned up their ticket office and said I am a Brighton supporter can I buy an advance car park ticket. She said no you can't. Only home supporters can buy advance car park tickets, use the South car park it is £5 and for away fans only. Other than that "I know nothing!"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You're got a RANGE ROVER haven't you ?

Park wherever you bloody want.

Actually thinking of that wasteland we were directed across last time, I could probably just drive across it this time!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Last time I went I parked in the South Car Park and took me about hour and a half to get out. Think it might be the train this time![/QUOTE]

Have I missed the cheapest rail sites, as looks like return from Durrington on Sea to Stoke was about £78!!?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My old area manager lived in Bexhill and supported and had a season tickert to Man Utd so travelled that way a lot and always maintained that the M1 and A50 was the best and quickest route. Less miles and in his words much quicker.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
For those of you that want to 'chance it' on nearby parking,DON'T. Police of late have been taking firm action on this matter. Make sure you are LEGAL.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Was there any consensus on where the best parking is? I'm driving from Luton (therefore doing the M1) - so I also have 3 seats spare in case anyone wants to get the Brighton-Bedford train up this way. Just can't work out where everyone is parking? Seems like the Screwfix place is the best option - is that still valid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here