Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke game almost a sellout !!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Surely just a sell-out at our end. Can't see the home end being packed unfortunately.

Very much looking forward to this myself ..... well, as soon as our tickets arrive anyway!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Under 3000 is pretty poor really. We should be selling more than that, are we asking for any more, does anyone know?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why would we ask for more if we haven't sold out the first lot?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
you have high expectations!

It's the FA Cup 5th round, two games from Wembley, away at a Premiership club.

We took 6000 to Villa in the 4th round last year. I know things were different then and I'm not suggesting we should take 6000, but we should be more or less selling out our allocation. Or has everyone got too ahead of themselves in thinking 'It's only Stoke, we're bigger than them, I'll start a thread talking about us being in the Champions League in 10 years time instead'?

Strangley, I reckon if we had drawn Reading, Notts County, Orient or Sheff Wednesday away, we would have sold more tickets, despite Stoke being an established Premiership side.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well it IS Stoke, not exactly a glamourous tie, bloody long way, can be expensive for families, maybe people predicted we'd lose against Watford so therefore bought away tickets for league games and cant justify forking out for this one aswell (i.e. ME!).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's the FA Cup 5th round, two games from Wembley, away at a Premiership club.

We took 6000 to Villa in the 4th round last year. I know things were different then and I'm not suggesting we should take 6000, but we should be more or less selling out our allocation. Or has everyone got too ahead of themselves in thinking 'It's only Stoke, we're bigger than them, I'll start a thread talking about us being in the Champions League in 10 years time instead'?

Strangley, I reckon if we had drawn Reading, Notts County, Orient or Sheff Wednesday away, we would have sold more tickets, despite Stoke being an established Premiership side.
Our last 3 away games have seen followings of 2,400 (Bumfluff), 4,000 (Watford) and 2,000 (Orient). We have also sold out Withdean for pretty much every game this season. You should remember that not everyone has the cash to see as many games as they'd like, and people prioritise. It might not even be the fact that this is "only" the FA Cup that is causing some to give it a swerve, it might just be that's a day out in STOKE and that a game at a similar sized club in a more interesting location would have seen us sell out our allocation.

And anyway, 3,000-3,500 is not an embarrassing turnout, IMO.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I reckon we will still have 3,500-4,000 there on the day.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know at least a couple of fans who have said they simply can't afford Stoke as well as MK,
Bournemouth, Watford, Orient and so on.

Which is fair enough IMHO.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Our last 3 away games have seen followings of 2,400 (Bumfluff), 4,000 (Watford) and 2,000 (Orient). We have also sold out Withdean for pretty much every game this season. You should remember that not everyone has the cash to see as many games as they'd like, and people prioritise. It might not even be the fact that this is "only" the FA Cup that is causing some to give it a swerve, it might just be that's a day out in STOKE and that a game at a similar sized club in a more interesting location would have seen us sell out our allocation.

And anyway, 3,000-3,500 is not an embarrassing turnout, IMO.

All true. But I have prioritised as well and have prioritised our game in the Cup against Premiership opposition.

As Giraffe says, we'll probably still have at least 3500 - 4000 there on the day, which is pretty good. I hope they make it clear as early as poss if it is going to be POTD though, so more people make a late decision and go.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I just went into town only to be told no more ticket left and they are waiting on Stoke to confirm if they are sending more.

Very annoying that the information wasn't put on the website as soon as the last ticket was sold. Also if they had said there were only 2,500 tickets in this batch I might have moved quicker than thinking there were over 4,000 tickets and no rush.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Well the decision to make now is probably whether we want Stoke to send us the remainders of the 4300 (?) allocation to sell over the next day or so - or for them to just keep hold of them for POTD purchase. Actually, knowing how desperate the club seem to sell in advanced, I doubt there's much of a decision to be made.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Well the decision to make now is probably whether we want Stoke to send us the remainders of the 4300 (?) allocation to sell over the next day or so - or for them to just keep hold of them for POTD purchase. Actually, knowing how desperate the club seem to sell in advanced, I doubt there's much of a decision to be made.

The may decide to sell them to Home fans.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i was always amazed that we took almost double to Watford than we did for Orient, was it 3600 against 1900 or something like that?
most of us have been to stoke anyway when we played them in 3rd Division and 2nd Division under Adams Taylor and McGhee, whereas Villa Park was a new ground for a lot of people as we hadn`t played there so long.
Oh yeah and Stoke are just a bunch of big lumps so hardly an inspiring day out is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here