Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke fans

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Northerners can't take banter - FACT.

This is true. They all seem to have a big northern chip on their shoulders (probably covered in dripping and gravy)

As soon as you mention their job in the factory or the fact they shit in holes in the garden and don't have electricity or heating they get all angry. strange breed of people the northerners

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
In other news...did anyone else see the Stoke fan to our right get chucked out for getting his arse out in another hilarious gay gesture? What a MORON.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
that nob head talking about fans united 'i lost a lot of respect for you that day' i take it he wasnt one of the people representing any of the NINETY ONE other clubs that day, ive never heard anybody complain about fans united before...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I tried to register on the oatcake (it wouldn't let me), just to put that twat right about fans utd.

That day was chosen because it was an international week and therefore many premiership and championship teams did not have fixtures therefore their fans would be able to attend if they wanted to. It had absolutely f*** all to do with the opposition.

Maybe one of you who are registered on there would like to put him right.

That fella really has pissed me off, i dont remember us getting so precious when other teams have sung were gonna win 4-3, when they are 3-0 down. Its a laugh thats all. What a prick.

They won the game, they were the better team, they are through to the next round and he still has to act like a twat. Glad to see some of the Stokies on there think he's the one whos being a bit precious.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sorry to go OFF subject but how did we only have 40% possession? We had the ball alot more then they did.

Because we gave the ball away every 30 seconds.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Probably true ......but Stoke and Staffordshire sure ain't the North!

Being a northerner isn't about where you were born or whereyou live - it's a state of mind.

To me stoke are more northern than some other more cosmopolitan, yet geographically closer to the north pole, areas like manchester or sheffield.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I don't see why some of them are taking it so seriously, it was a bit of a laugh wasn't it? The same with them when they started cheering their every pass towards the end

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
LOL at how thick some of the Stoke lot are.

And some of them are horrible *****

And as that thread proves - a little THICK.

Banter is lost it seems...

stoke624

Feb 20, 2011
theres alot of idiots who post on the oatcake who cant take a joke. Its just banter, as are the gay chants. You probs do play better football than us in league one, but yesterday showed the massive gulf between a top league one side and an average prem side like ourselves. I expected more of a game from you boys. Regarding the way we play, well there are alot of stoke fans who grew up watching the likes of greenhoff,alan hudson etc in the seventies who are well pissed off that weve turned into a hoofing side, but when you think about the fact that we spent 23 years out of the top flight id take being in the prem and playing like this, but id hope for us to change abit next season. My thoughts on brighton as a club, well iv always had abit of a soft spot for you as my first ever game was at brighton in 91. Glad you finally gettin away from that shithole ground of yours and think youl be seen as a medium sized club once you get in your new stadium and get good crowds. Nowt wrong with dripping and gravy. and i certainly dont see us as midlanders! good luck

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
theres alot of idiots who post on the oatcake who cant take a joke. Its just banter, as are the gay chants. You probs do play better football than us in league one, but yesterday showed the massive gulf between a top league one side and an average prem side like ourselves. I expected more of a game from you boys. Regarding the way we play, well there are alot of stoke fans who grew up watching the likes of greenhoff,alan hudson etc in the seventies who are well pissed off that weve turned into a hoofing side, but when you think about the fact that we spent 23 years out of the top flight id take being in the prem and playing like this, but id hope for us to change abit next season. My thoughts on brighton as a club, well iv always had abit of a soft spot for you as my first ever game was at brighton in 91. Glad you finally gettin away from that shithole ground of yours and think youl be seen as a medium sized club once you get in your new stadium and get good crowds. Nowt wrong with dripping and gravy. and i certainly dont see us as midlanders! good luck

Fair play and agree with you mate. We did make a few changes yesterday that didn't help = keeper and midfielder both 2nd choice / 7th choice but yes the gulf was very clear...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Our chanting in the 2nd half was like 95% of threads posted on NSC.
We went for a little bit of fishing to wind up their fans and they got caught hook, line and sinker.

I don't think the Stoke fans can argue the fact we TRIED to play the better football today. Unfortunately, the gulf in class showed and the game was over by half time.
Stoke stick to a tactic that has served them well in the past and I don't blame them for using it. However, I'm not sure I could endure that week in week out if we weren't winning every game.
Thing is Conkers that tactic will only take you so far in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here