Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke fans

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Stoke fans were really friendly and generally nice people. I was having a long chat with them in the pub before the game and even in the street they were wishing us luck. Best set of fans ive met all season. :clap:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
To be fair they have a point, 3-0 down and and 2 leagues behind and we acted like we were superior to them. Although it was just part of the fun they need to relax a bit.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Stoke calling us small time? I've heard it all now. They play the most boring football I've seen, constantly hoofing it towards their front 2. Although i thought they looked more dangerous when Pennant was attacking down the wings. I don't know what Brezovan was playing at for the first goal. First half we were poor.

Second half we were the better team.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I quite enjoyed their 'just like watching Brazil' response when their players actually started playing it about a bit. Almost as if they were listening to us...

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
I think they're forgetting that their strikers wages put together is more than our whole teams. They showed glimmers of class, but even the Stoke fans I was talking to before the game admitted they tend to score most of their goals from set pieces/long balls.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Our chanting in the 2nd half was like 95% of threads posted on NSC.
We went for a little bit of fishing to wind up their fans and they got caught hook, line and sinker.

I don't think the Stoke fans can argue the fact we TRIED to play the better football today. Unfortunately, the gulf in class showed and the game was over by half time.
Stoke stick to a tactic that has served them well in the past and I don't blame them for using it. However, I'm not sure I could endure that week in week out if we weren't winning every game.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Would that actually be a compliment? Comparing us to an (admittedly struggling) Prem. side who also try to pass the ball a bit?

It'd be nice to think it was GT, but West Brom aren't exactly their favourite club (& that's putting it mildly).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Absolutely hilarious the comment about 10k fans rattling around in Falmer next season on that Oatcake thread. Stoke averaged 16,823 crowds the season they were pushing for, and promoted to, the Premiership in 2007/2008, with their lowest crowds being around the 11k mark. As soon as they drop out of the top flight their crowds will be back to their more traditional 10k mark.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
I had a Stoke fan tap me on the shoulder and then shake my hand while walking down to the car, and wished us the best of luck for the rest of the season, seemed a decent bunch of fans.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
'We should have filled our allocation'.
Stoke away was probably THE most un-desirable away tie we could have got. I think 3500 was an excellent turnout, would they have even filled our away end?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sorry to go OFF subject but how did we only have 40% possession? We had the ball alot more then they did.

Those stats are nonsense they just total up the number of text commentary lines. As a lot of our passing is around the back and its not commented on as often.

Looks like the chant worked then as it's wound them up a treat! They need to chill out!! :lol:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
They probably shouldn't judge our whole fan base on reading a few comments on NSC and likewise I guess. Also I quite like Stoke tbh.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hilarious thread, looked we touched a nerve. I see a sense of humour is in short supply in the potteries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here