Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport County takeover on hold, Dicker?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
County takeover on hold - Stockport County - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

THE proposed takeover of Stockport by Jim Melrose has not been finalised and the former City man is still waiting for the green-light from Edgeley Park owners Sale Sharks.

But with just eight days to go before the players are due to report back for the start of pre-season training, the Hatters still have no board, no manager, no ground and a depleted squad.

As it stands, the first team do not even have a kit to play in next season after last season's strip was auctioned off.

It is understood that, once he is confirmed as the new owner, Melrose will try to tempt former boss Jim Gannon back into the Edgeley Park hot-seat.

Wonder when (if) we'll actually be able to sign Dicker now?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"As it stands, the first team do not even have a kit to play in next season after last season's strip was auctioned off."

That really is fairly desparate!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
"As it stands, the first team do not even have a kit to play in next season after last season's strip was auctioned off."

That really is fairly desparate!

If they don't get that sorted out soon they'll have to go 'skins'.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Got to feel for them really, same situation we were in a decade ago its amazing football clubs can get into this sort of mess when there are currently transfer dealings of 80M+ plus going through. :nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why should the Dicker deal be held up though... they need the money, we need the player... they should just get on with it...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the takeover deal collapses due to the Sale Sharks not wanting them at Edgeley Park we might pick up Dicker on a free transfer as the administrators will call it a day and wind up the football club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the takeover deal collapses due to the Sale Sharks not wanting them at Edgeley Park we might pick up Dicker on a free transfer as the administrators will call it a day and wind up the football club.

Much as I'd like the Albion not to have to pay too much for Dicker, I'd not be happy if we got him on a free because of what you suggest....we've been too close to that for me not to feel gutted for ANY league club to fold even if it benefited us big time with cheap or free players.

I remember us getting Beeney and Gall from Maidstone United when they folded and I didn't really give a shit or think about it really, our little dice with folding has changed my attitude though.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Why should the Dicker deal be held up though... they need the money, we need the player... they should just get on with it...

Cause the Argus reported the other day the administrators want to keep hold of what they got already till the sale has gone through.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Much as I'd like the Albion not to have to pay too much for Dicker, I'd not be happy if we got him on a free because of what you suggest....we've been too close to that for me not to feel gutted for ANY league club to fold even if it benefited us big time with cheap or free players.

I remember us getting Beeney and Gall from Maidstone United when they folded and I didn't really give a shit or think about it really, our little dice with folding has changed my attitude though.

It was only a preposition , I would rather prefer to get him on a free than pay the administrators £50k which will be swallowed up as costs if the worst was to happen.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

If you remember as well,we sold Beeney to Leeds on the day we were in court for non payment of vat.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hopefully this will be sorted sooner rather than later. Then we can bring Tunnicliffe and Dicker to the club. Then things will look like they are starting to take shape, with a view to the future, as they both clearly got their best years ahead of them. Would be very refreshing and encouraging.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why dont we just buy the WHOLE team? After all (if not for the points deduction) they were clearly a better side than us!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cor all the Tunnicliffe rumours were true then. Never seen him play so if he joins what can we expect

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
The Administration docs are on the Stockport Forum, and looking at those they made enough money (£225K) from the sale of Tommy Rowe to Peterborough to cover operating expenses through the administration.

That doesn't mitigate the overall debt problem, but in terms of cash at hand they're a bit healthier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here