Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stockport assistant denied Real Madrid move due to Brexit

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I'd love to know how he voted...

Stockport assistant coach Andy Mangan has been denied a move to Real Madrid after being refused a work permit.

A journeyman striker as a player, Mangan has developed a burgeoning reputation as a coach.

He had hoped to swap League One for working under Carlo Ancelotti in the Champions League but because of Brexit regulations his application was rejected.

Acquiring a work permit to work in Spain can take up to nine months.

Mangan had been preparing to coach Kylian Mbappé, Jude Bellingham and the rest of Madrid’s star-studded side but the 38-year-old will continue to coach at Stockport, who are second and hunting a third promotion in four seasons under Dave Challinor.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ckport-coach-andy-mangan-real-madrid-football

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good, am loving County's continuing rise from the ashes, new revamped stadium on the way too, work starting next year, although it won't be long before they get dismantled by one of the bigger fish, players and staff lured away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
EU, protecting our borders!

Dec 29, 2011
It's worth noting that despite its location, Stockport's majority voted for Remain.

I haven't looked at the results since Brexit happened. A cursory look and I'm shocked how many constituencies voted overwhelmingly in favour of Brexit. If it wasn't for London it seems the result would be much closer to 60% leave. Really quite an astounding campaign from those on that side of the fence.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd love to know how he voted...

Stockport assistant coach Andy Mangan has been denied a move to Real Madrid after being refused a work permit.

A journeyman striker as a player, Mangan has developed a burgeoning reputation as a coach.

He had hoped to swap League One for working under Carlo Ancelotti in the Champions League but because of Brexit regulations his application was rejected.

Acquiring a work permit to work in Spain can take up to nine months.

Mangan had been preparing to coach Kylian Mbappé, Jude Bellingham and the rest of Madrid’s star-studded side but the 38-year-old will continue to coach at Stockport, who are second and hunting a third promotion in four seasons under Dave Challinor.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ckport-coach-andy-mangan-real-madrid-football
Obvs never heard of him, but if hes 'that' good and good enough for Kylian Mbappé, Jude Bellingham and the rest of Madrid’s star-studded side, Shirley he'll be good enough for Cole Palmer, Martin Odegaard, Bruno Fernandes or any number of PL star studded sides?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Obvs never heard of him, but if hes 'that' good and good enough for Kylian Mbappé, Jude Bellingham and the rest of Madrid’s star-studded side, Shirley he'll be good enough for Cole Palmer, Martin Odegaard, Bruno Fernandes or any number of PL star studded sides?
"Mangan did his Uefa coaching badges alongside Ancelotti’s son, Davide, who is part of the staff at Madrid, and the pair have a close relationship."

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
"Mangan did his Uefa coaching badges alongside Ancelotti’s son, Davide, who is part of the staff at Madrid, and the pair have a close relationship."
Furry muff, but then he is really that good to be genuinely going to that level to coach Mbappe, Bellingham etc or was it a touch of cronyism, jobs for the boys anyway?

tbh, it make no odds either way, just playing Devils advocate!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't looked at the results since Brexit happened. A cursory look and I'm shocked how many constituencies voted overwhelmingly in favour of Brexit. If it wasn't for London it seems the result would be much closer to 60% leave. Really quite an astounding campaign from those on that side of the fence.
Usual reactionary nonsense from the peasants in the provinces.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stockport town itself? you thought wrong.

Cheadle Hume, Handforth down to Wilmslow is nice though
And the in between area, St Ockport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here