Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale,,,,,,

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Take the bag off your head please.

Slow to come out, and poor kicking?.........

Probably the fastest keeper off his line anywhere on the planet (he spends more time on the edge of his box than any keeper I have ever seen).
His distribution is world class.
I suppose we could get PIG back to repeatedly kick it into touch if you like.

Hardly seems to make a save because we have dominated almost every game this season, the opposition don't often get to shoot.

This "great Boro" side today managed only 1 shot in the first half.

Can't save what isn't there!!

Are you his mum or something? he is not fast, world class or anything like a first choice keeper should be

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Is Tomek Kuszczak still sulking somewhere in Oldham?

How about telling him to get a grip of himself and giving him another chance? Perhaps by now he has already understood that his best chance of playing in the Premier League is with BHA.

So basically, TK has no chance of playing Premier League football.

Whatever. He is better than Stockdale. If he wants to come back, then yes please.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Old cliche but so true. No hiding place for mistakes in his position. Confidence must be low and again probably matters more in that position that others because impact on others directly in front.

Sad situation really. Looking a good £600k over what we should have paid for him at today's inflated prices. Hope he improves but it's time to put Casper or the Kid in for 3-4 games at least. They deserve their chance.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
my concern about the first goal was that although he had no cover stickdale dived to the ground but made no attempt to get the ball or stop it. the 2nd looked very easy to hold to his chest.

should have gone to specsavers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For those of us non-twitterites, please could you add a link?

https://twitter.com/EasyTen/status/523517570536968193?lang=en-gb

Well...I hesitate to do this, because I really wasn't criticising his performance today (as it happens, I think the complete lack of a fullback presence was to blame for the 1st, and he did pretty well with the block for the 2nd before the rebound was tucked away).

But what pissed me off was seeing him retweeting people defending him. He initially retweeted somebody who said "nothing you could have done about either goal" (fair enough), but then for Stockdale to retweet someone who said "defenders too slow to close down for both Boro goals"...sorry, but WTF ? Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. But I don't expect to see our goalie covering his own arse at the expense of his teammates.

Maybe it was just a misjudgement. But if that's his post-match Twitter routine then yeah...probably best he does take a break.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps he now realises most peoples opinion of his contribution to the games recently.

I can't recall too many out-and-out HOWLERS from him, but what you remember from a good keeper is the incidents where you think "he really bailed us out there and earned us a point / a win". To date, I can recall ONE - that late close-range one-on-one block vs Cardiff at 1-1. That is the ONLY time I can recall him making a save when I really thought we were about to concede.

The rest of the time he'll deal with most of the routine stuff. But he really is nothing special IMO. He's not Graeme Smith terrible obviously. But he's not done much to persuade me that he's worth that 10-15 points a season a really good keeper will get you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here