Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Damn I didn't look at it that way. He has to be dropped for the next game now.

Seriously though, they are impressive stats.
You would of thought so, clearly nothing to be critical about...

...oh wait a second.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To my mind, two of his best assets are his distribution and coming for (and taking) crosses, two areas which i think were particular weaknesses of Kuszczak. To come and take crosses always creates an element of risk, but the number of times it can stop a dangerous situation and the confidence it gives to defenders means that this can be a huge help to a good defensive record.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt win us 3 points, Lua Lua did that by scoring, but DS preserved them for us with his saves and punching which were very good and that comes from one of his biggest critics last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you see the goal he let in against Huddersfield. ? Should of done a lot better , failed to cover his near post !

Yes, I was there. It was a ridiculously acute angle, and almost unsaveable. It went across the goal, into the far top corner.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Did you see the goal he let in against Huddersfield. ? Should of done a lot better , failed to cover his near post !

Mmmmm it was a terrific strike to be fair, stockdale may feel he could have done a bit better but in not sure it was a huge error

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Didnt win us 3 points, Lua Lua did that by scoring, but DS preserved them for us with his saves and punching which were very good and that comes from one of his biggest critics last season.

I agree he had a good game but did not win us the points the whole team did !

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Mmmmm it was a terrific strike to be fair, stockdale may feel he could have done a bit better but in not sure it was a huge error

Agree about the strike but on a good day could of saved the shot , agree about not being a huge error though

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Agree about the strike but on a good day could of saved the shot , agree about not being a huge error though

Last season you claimed you had nothing against Stockdale and your criticism was fair (which much of it wasn't). This thread proves that you have some sort of agenda against him and I've no idea why. Completely irrational comments. How can you say he didn't win us the game when we'd have been two goals down before we woke up in the game if it wasn't for Stockdale?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Last season you claimed you had nothing against Stockdale and your criticism was fair (which much of it wasn't). This thread proves that you have some sort of agenda against him and I've no idea why. Completely irrational comments. How can you say he didn't win us the game when we'd have been two goals down before we woke up in the game if it wasn't for Stockdale?

Last season Stockdale was crap and the worse keeper in the league . If you read his interview , he says he was over weight , not fit which contributed to his poor season . He has lost a lot of weight in the closed season , he has come back much fitter and his performances have improved a lot , let's hope his form continues , but just because he makes a couple of decent saves , one in each halve , does not mean he was man of the match or won us the 3 points , Lua Lua was mom by a mile and scored the goal .
But he had a good game though .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last season Stockdale was crap and the worse keeper in the league . If you read his interview , he says he was over weight , not fit which contributed to his poor season . He has lost a lot of weight in the closed season , he has come back much fitter and his performances have improved a lot , let's hope his form continues , but just because he makes a couple of decent saves , one in each halve , does not mean he was man of the match or won us the 3 points , Lua Lua was mom by a mile and scored the goal .

Last season we were in the top eight of the division for fewest goals conceded. A lot of that was down to Stockdale whether he was carrying weight or not.
Some of your criticism is valid but you are exaggerating it to suit your bias.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

We must have had an amazing defence last season to get a top 8 defensive record with the worse keeper in the league. I never saw an interview where he said he was the worse keeper in the league.

And I assume you saw all keepers in the division regularly to make that judgement. If ever anyone needed proof that you've got an anti Stockdale agenda, this post make the point perfectly. And you completely ignore my point that we'd have been two down early on, before any of our outfield players got going, without Stockdale.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

He may not have won us the three points, but he certainly avoided us giving away the three points...... subtle difference.

But he was good last season, he is better so far this season, and in my view he was probably Man of the Match.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Don't necessarily agree with his culpability there, but I was trying to emphasise the positive effect that he has had on the team with highly competent and sometimes spectacular demonstrations of his art.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Could you clarify to an eejut like me how you quantify the 'worst keeper' bit, is there a mathematical formula?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In my opinion he had a fantastic game, I think he could have got on the score sheet as well , when just before half time they had a free kick close to the half way line and their keeper took it and sent it straight to Stocky he should have lobbed a long ball straight back down the pitch. Their Kepler would not have got back in time.
I was a bit surprised he didn't try it, I put it down to him not wanting to embarrass a fellow keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here