Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still nowhere hear as good as 90-91

Stumpy Tim

Kuipers

Chivers, McShane, McCarthy, Chapman

Carole, Hammond, Wilkins, Walker

Byrne, Small

Of all the players available this would be the 11 I play. Digweed had a great 2nd half of the season, but was poor for the first half. Chivers moved to right-back at Crumplins expense for the play-offs & was class. Chapman also played a part of the final, and he's my hero so has to be in there.

Codner was shit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don Tmatter said:
Tank's better than McCarthy.
Totally agree. Both of them are relatively slow, but Butters can read the game better than McCarthy ever did. Tim's definitely right about Chivers though.

Kuipers

Chivers, McShane, Butters, Chapman

Carole, Hammond, Wilkins, Walker

Byrne, Small

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What happened to Mike Small? he went to Westham banged in afew goals seemed to get injured never heard anything else of him?

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Albion Dan said:
Colin Pates was dreadfull when he signed perm with us. HOOF was a word invented for him. Im also Sure Bissett was injured for almost all that season?

Colin Pates was CLASS when on loan with us though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Goring Gull said:
What happened to Mike Small? he went to Westham banged in afew goals seemed to get injured never heard anything else of him?
I never forgave him after we played WestHam up there in the Full Members Cup in 1992 (after he'd been sold following the playoff season) and he totally blanked the travelling Albion contingent despite us singing his name for half the game.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I reckon Mike Small knew he was off to Westham before that playoff final as he didn't seem to try to hard in that game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mikey Small will always be a hero of mine. If only for the Milwall game when he turned on there fans, down in the South East corner.
Fookin hilarious.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BL's formation talk too Iovan:-

said slowly & loudly "Y-O-U S-W-E-E-P-E-R, Y-E-S" :lolol:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Digweed

Crumplin
Chapman
Foster
Bissett

Barham
Codner
Walker
Wilkins

Small
Byrne

Looking back at that lot, it does make you wonder how they reached the play-off final.
The back 4 were ok and "teflon Digweed" will always be remembered for that penalty save against Ipswich on the last day of the season.

But the midfield were woeful. Wendy Wilkins and "flash" Walker always argued over who'd take free kicks....and they were both shite and Codner had ability but lacked any sort of drive (remember how good he was in the playoff semi at home to Millwank !!!)
And then we had mark "i've got an England cap" Barham. Now this bloke, who came highly recommended, was the biggest shower of shite ive ever seen.
The two front lads were superb though and they certainly clawed Brighton out of some holes.
I can remember BHA winning games that they were so bad in, they should've lost 0-5....anyone remember Pompey at home...0-2 down with 4 mins to half hime and go in at the break drawing 2-2....and finally winning the game 3-2.

Some classic and very happy memories from that era. Everyone hated Barry Lloyd but he certainly had an eye for a bargain.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I thought Barry Lloyd was alright did a cracking job in the circiumstanecs and that archer and bellotti weren't bad either. As for this clown Knight........:D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Moseley

Ramsey
Stevens
Foster
Cant remember ( Ryan?)

Case
Grealish
Howlett
Smilie

Robinson
Smith

Now that was a team!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
squadlg.jpg

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
jevs said:
Digweed

Crumplin
Chapman
Foster
Bissett

Barham
Codner
Walker
Wilkins

Small
Byrne

Looking back at that lot, it does make you wonder how they reached the play-off final.
The back 4 were ok and "teflon Digweed" will always be remembered for that penalty save against Ipswich on the last day of the season.

But the midfield were woeful. Wendy Wilkins and "flash" Walker always argued over who'd take free kicks....and they were both shite and Codner had ability but lacked any sort of drive (remember how good he was in the playoff semi at home to Millwank !!!)
And then we had mark "i've got an England cap" Barham. Now this bloke, who came highly recommended, was the biggest shower of shite ive ever seen.
The two front lads were superb though and they certainly clawed Brighton out of some holes.
I can remember BHA winning games that they were so bad in, they should've lost 0-5....anyone remember Pompey at home...0-2 down with 4 mins to half hime and go in at the break drawing 2-2....and finally winning the game 3-2.

Some classic and very happy memories from that era. Everyone hated Barry Lloyd but he certainly had an eye for a bargain.

They probably made the play offs as that was not the defence that season. Foster was playing for Oxford and Bissett was injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here