Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STILL no signings. Anyone getting nervous?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
A wind up surely

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Typical Brighton - just 4 weeks to go until pre-season and NO SIGN of any new players. With Bennett and Murray all but gone, Calderon CLEARLY out of his depth defensively and El Abd crocked, we'll be relegated by Christmas at this rate!
Absolutely. Surely Gus realises how VITAL it is that we win our pre-season games against Whitehawk and Burgess Hill? We don't want a repeat of last season's FIASCOS which directly contributed to our appalling league campaign. I think we were all upset at finishing only a mere three points above the other teams.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Typical Brighton - just 4 weeks to go until pre-season and NO SIGN of any new players. With Bennett and Murray all but gone, Calderon CLEARLY out of his depth defensively and El Abd crocked, we'll be relegated by Christmas at this rate!

So it is.......but if Bloom and Poyet don't pull their fingers out, get off the beach and switch their phones on, fan opinion will rapidly change when we're in a relegation dogfight in September, with all the JCL STH cancelling their direct debits. Gus might just find himself applying for other jobs sooner than he thinks!

Are you for real? How many transfers have you seen go through by ANY club yet? The season hasn't properly finished yet, the transfer window isn't open.

I share you concern about needing to sign players, but Murray and Bennett are still Brighton players at the moment. Now, if come the end of July, we have no new signings, then sure, bounce this thread.

"Calm Down Dear" it's not even June yet

PLAYER power, THEY are stringing us OUT so that they can GET better offers shopping themselves around FOR
bigger MONEY.
If Gus HAD any sense he would have BOUGHT all the available player, then when THERE was none on THE market for other clubs, resold THEM at a PROFIT.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
:lolol:

You've BEEN reading POSTS by ERNEST again, haven't YOU!

PLAYER power, THEY are stringing us OUT so that they can GET better offers shopping themselves around FOR
bigger MONEY.
If Gus HAD any sense he would have BOUGHT all the available player, then when THERE was none on THE market for other clubs, resold THEM at a PROFIT.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Are you for real? How many transfers have you seen go through by ANY club yet? The season hasn't properly finished yet, the transfer window isn't open.

I share you concern about needing to sign players, but Murray and Bennett are still Brighton players at the moment. Now, if come the end of July, we have no new signings, then sure, bounce this thread.

"Calm Down Dear" it's not even June yet
I think you'll find the Mr Invisible Pants is well aware that the transfer window isn't open yet. This thread is a spoof of those that will appear later in the summer when people panic (as they always do) about our perceived lack of activity in the transfer market.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think you'll find the Mr Invisible Pants is well aware that the transfer window isn't open yet. This thread is a spoof of those that will appear later in the summer when people panic (as they always do) about our perceived lack of activity in the transfer market.

It did occur to me that this was a wind-up, but I posted it anyway :)

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
This is surely a wind up! Or maybe just frustration at all the unsubstantiated rumours flying around.
This summer is another test of GP's overall managerial ability, on the playing and coaching side he is brilliant, arguably the best we've had. Judging players ability, negotiating contracts and selling the club to talented footballers is where he is unproven. Time will tell if the players he has let go and those who join us turn out to be good decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here